It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

DawnP HB User
Enlarged lymph node in neck

I am 49 and have a firm movable enlarged lymph node under my jaw. It is probably about the size of a grape. I found it because I felt some pain in that area and was feeling around and found it. I guess it would be a submandibular node.

I have always been suspicious of my mouth and tonsils not being "right" but nothing has been found so I gave up and just decided I was over thinking things. About 6 years ago, I had constant one-sided throat pain for quite a while. I went to an ENT and he sad my tonsils looked infected and I should get them out - but nothing about concerns of cancer. I read up on how painful that surgery recovery is and decided to see if the pain disappeared, and it did.

So, now, I found this lymph node about 2 months ago and it is just not going away.

I did have a recent dental abscess but that tooth has been remedied and the node is still not going down.

I worry about the new infomation on HPV and oral/throat cancers. I am not a smoker and drink a couple of glasses of wine on weekends.

I had the courage to call a new ENT and I have an appt next Tues (March 22). It takes all of my strength to face these things. I'm always so scared of the outcome.

I don't have any specific questions. I just wanted your support and to post my journey(hopefully a short one) for anyone that it might help.

The following user gives a hug of support to DawnP:
1worriedwife (03-21-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User
Re: Enlarged lymph node in neck

I have a lot and I mean a lot of different enlarged lymph nodes throughout my body, some I didn't know about. I went to a dr about my leg and he ordered a full body Pet Scan and I have brain mets,liver mets as well and I have been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma cancer of unknown primary. I would not give up like I did when I saw BOTH of my armpits enlarged ,they didn't hurt so I just shrugged it off. Now I am waiting to see the Onc dr on Monday to find out what/if the treatment I will get.

The following user gives a hug of support to lilsunshine46:
andylouise (05-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread