It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
(female)

dee46 HB User
Cancer talk is scary, but...

I had a regular CT last year nothing showed, nothing, but they said I was a level 2 infection and priscribed bactrim for 3 days. Now I am seeing blood in my urine. I have pain in my back near my rib but I have had it for months I have a bad gallbladder. I take lots of antacids and PPI, and Aleve. I saw little black things in my urine last 4 months, and now I see blood. I am pretty scared right now. Is it medication, stones or the big C that is my worry. Men seem to be more likely to get RCC, but there is always that possibility woman could as well.

At work a woman 54yo started seeing blood in her urine. She went to the doctor and it was a stone which she had removed. Maybe that is my case, but none the less I am scared!!!

If I had a mass growing surely a CT would have picked it up last year. From what I understand these masses are growing long before symtoms are produce that being blood.

Does anyone know?

Last edited by dee46; 04-03-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Cancer talk is scary,but

Did you have bloodwork done at the time you had your exam?
I'm sure the bloodwork would've picked up something, if you had cancer.
I'm having similar issues right now- I'm 6 weeks pregnant, and for the past week (worsening each day) I've been experiencing dull, constant upper-right quadrant abdominal pain, which starts just below my right ribcage and radiates to my mid-upper back and also my right shoulder blade.
The dull pain in my side is constant, but occasionally, when I move suddenly, I'll get a sharp stitch in my side, like what you get from running.
I find myself breathing shallowly, because breathing deeply hurts.
Sometimes I have a bloated, gassy feeling of discomfort in my upper abdomen/chest, especially after eating. I've had diarrhea a couple of times, too. My urine seems slightly darker- a deeper yellow color- but that could be because of the prenatal vitamins I've started taking.

I am scared. I have no idea if it's a muscle or ligament, or if it's my liver or gallbladder, or trapped gas in my intestine, or a UTI or kidney infection, or what. I don't know if it's related to my pregnancy. It's strange that it started as soon as I found out i was pregnant. i don't recall having such symptoms with my other pregnancies.

I have a prenatal doctor visit scheduled in 2 weeks. I figure I'll just try to hold out til then, unless I start running a fever, getting jaundiced, or having some other alarming symptom.
It's just a scary feeling, and it's doubly scary because even if it was something treatable, such as my appendix or gallbladder, I know i can't have any surgery right now without endangering this pregnancy, and we want this baby so much.

Every night I go to bed hoping this will be better in the morning, and every day when I wake up, it's worse.

I understand your fears.
I think you should go back to the doctor. I can't begin to guess what's wrong with you (or with me, for that matter), but I've never heard of black particles in your urine being a sign of cancer (I'd guess kidney stone fragments), and blood in the urine is usually caused by a UTI. I've also heard that gallstones or an infected gallbladder can cause blood in the urine.

Best wishes to you!
I hope you get your diagnosis and feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #3
(female)

dee46 HB User
Re: Cancer talk is scary,but

What you describe sounds like gallbladder as the GB acts up during pregnancy sometimes, my friends did. I have gallbladder problems so this problem you have sounds related. Trouble is a Ultrasound only tells so much it cannot see gangrene, infection or the function of the GB. I need a hydascan myself. I have no stones in my gallbladder only had some sludge, but when I get attacks with inflammation I get pain in my upper back like you have. The problem now I have blood in my urine and it's scary on top of all this other stuff. I do have a twisted rt kidney, and dual collecting system I suppose it makes me high risk for stones. However, I've never had stones. The black things in urine could be fragments of blood clots also, so very scary.

Thanks for responding!!

Last edited by dee46; 04-03-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Closed Thread