It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Does Anyone Have This Cancer?

Does anyone reading this have Multiple Myeloma or know of someone that does? If so how long have they had it and what stage are they at? Also has anyone had a Bone Survey and what was the results? I just got my report today not sure if this is the key deciding factor for Myeloma or not. Any information would be helpful.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 05-23-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

scribytoo HB User
Re: Does Anyone Have This Cancer?

My friend in Colorado has it. She found out last September and has been undergoing treatment with chemo for some time. She is preparing to have a stem cell transplant at some time in the fairly near future. I keep in touch with her fairly regularly. Is there anything else I can tell you?
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #3
(female)

Thanks for replying. Do you know if there has been enough data to show that stem cell transplants actually work in Myeloma patients? My mom died from Myeloma 17 months ago, she was 81 years old, she was diagnosed in 1997. I just found out some of the test results and they seem sure that I have it. I saw a Hematology/Oncologist this past Tuesday. He looked over all the tests I had so far, ordered another blood test, then sent me for a Bone Survey which I had yesterday. All the blood test so far came back abnormal immunoglobulin levels, including immunofixation serum that show a spike in proteins. I tell myself I am not overly stressed about this but my hair is falling out in large amounts so I would say that I am. Until I get results I just sit and wait, which everyone knows is not a easy thing to do.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 05-23-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:54 AM   #4
(female)

cardshark HB Usercardshark HB User

Just wanted to say hi and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard the sitting and waiting is. Although I haven't had myeloma, I am a cancer survivor and know what it is like to sit and wait on test results.
Hang in there and keep us posted!
cardshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestoldies View Post
Thanks for replying. Do you know if there has been enough data to show that stem cell transplants actually work in Myeloma patients? My mom died from Myeloma 17 months ago, she was 81 years old, she was diagnosed in 1997. I just found out some of the test results and they seem sure that I have it. I saw a Hematology/Oncologist this past Tuesday. He looked over all the tests I had so far, ordered another blood test, then sent me for a Bone Survey which I had yesterday. All the blood test so far came back abnormal immunoglobulin levels, including immunofixation serum that show a spike in proteins. Until I get results I just sit and wait, which everyone knows is not a easy thing to do.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
(female)

Thank you for your kind words and prayers, and congratulations on being a survivor, I pray that you remain that way. I am a Christian so God has a plan so however this turns out it is for a reason. My only child died in 2004 and some how I managed to survive though that. Thanks again it is very much appreciated.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 05-23-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Closed Thread