It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
(male)

BrianNY HB User
My Dad was just diagnosed with Cancer...

Hey people I'm a 22 year old college student and my dad has stage IV Esophageal cancer and I'm scared. I've been in denial that he has cancer I just can't believe it I always felt something like that would never happen to my family let alone my own parents. I don't know how to act I dont know what to do... He's supposed to be there at my graduation and he's supposed to be there at my wedding. What can I do how should I act around him I feel utterly helpless.

The following user gives a hug of support to BrianNY:
Kaytaters (06-07-2011)
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
(female)

Kaytaters HB UserKaytaters HB User
Re: My Dad was just diagnosed with Cancer...

Hey there. I know what you must be going through. My Nana was taken from us in 2001, Ovarian cancer. I was about to graduate high school. She never made it, the Lord took her sooner. And now as a person with cancer myself, I will tell you this. We don't want to be treated any different. Love you father with all you have. Spend as much time with him as you can. Realize we have what I call "cancer days" when he just won't feel well. He is still your dad. And it's okay for you to be angry. Just don't push him away. He needs you more than you know. We need our family. If you need anything, let me know. I'm not that much older than you, maybe I can help. Hugs.
Katie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
cancer, dad, scared