It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
(male)

darkseasons HB User
Colon cancer?

Hi, I'm a 26 year old male. My grandma died of stomach cancer recently. Well, I have felt this pain in my right side, it's not severe just a discomfort. Anyway, I got a CT scan and they just found a kidney cyst in my right kidney. So I followed up with my doctor and got an ultra sound they confirmed the 7mm kidney cyst and don't believe that it's causing my pain. At the same time when I got the CT scan they gave me a blood test and urine test which stated everything was good. I have sometimes noticed blood in my stool and narrower stools. My bowel movements haven't changed much not really constipated or having diarrhea. I still have the pain in my right side sometimes mainly only when I'm sitting it has gotten much better. I thought it was because I have started doing the treadmill but it doesn't really feel like a muscle pain. I'm just wondering if I should ask for a colonoscopy from my doctor. The pain has been going on for about a week now. I thought the CT scan would show any type of colon cancer, could be wrong though. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
(male)

darkseasons HB User
Re: Colon cancer?

Anyone have an idea?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
(male)

darkseasons HB User

Ok, can someone please at least tell me that if they did a CT scan they could have seen if I had cancer in any other organs(such as if I had colon cancer and it had spread). Thank you!

Old 06-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
(female)

Kaytaters HB UserKaytaters HB User

I get CT scans and MRI's and I dwas put through a Octritide scan. Not sure if I spelled that right. Lol. The CT scan I get has the contrast! Blah! They make you drink a "berry smoothie", gross. My doctor prefers the MRI, he says it shows more. They scan my chest, abdomen and pelvis every other month. I wish you luck.

Kay

Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #5
(male)

darkseasons HB User

I went to my doctor he did a stool sample, which showed no blood in it. And now he's referring me to a GI, where I'll get a colonoscopy I assume. But do I really need one if they didn't find blood?

Old 06-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
(female)

Kaytaters HB UserKaytaters HB User

It's better to be safe than sorry and I'm sure that's what the doctor is thinking. It's better to know. I went years without knowing. At least you have a doctor that is concerned and willing to go the extra mile.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
(male)

Fredngai HB User

I was told that colonscopy is the most accurate tool to find out whether you have colon cancer or not. CT and MRI can give you a sign, but not definite. Also, if you have blood in your stool, it might be due to hemorrhoids. When I was diagnosed with colon cancer, my stools were black. Hope all is well with you.

Closed Thread