It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
(male)

roybatty HB User
presumed small cyst at right kidney!!!

Recently, I found blood in my urine and pains in my lower back and sides. I went to see my doctor who wanted me to take a CT of my pelvis and abdominal region. I also gave some urine samples and am scheduled to take some blood tests. I'm aware of kidney stones and the possibility of cysts in the kidneys- malignant and otherwise. I guess he is also checking for UTI or any other problems concerning the bladder. Now, my problem is, I was looking through my recent medical records and found a previous MRI for something unrelated. But, in the report, the tech. found a 1.3-cm high signal lesion at the mid pole of my right kidney (where most of the pain is!)- which was presumed a small cyst. I haven't spoken to my doctor yet, or received my recent results, but I wonder if this older MRI and discovered cyst is an indication of my recent problems? Can the cyst have ruptured, or worst, can it be an malignant growth? I do not know if a kidney stone looks like a cyst on an MRI. I have many questions and I'm worried. Please give me some insights!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
back pain, blood in urine, cyst, kidney