It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
(male)

EastCostKid HB User
Bleeding gums while brushing

I haven't been brushing like i should be lately due to a lot of stress and anxiety killing my motivation to do anything. Brushed for maybe the first time in 3 weeks last night (gross i know) and my gums bled slightly from 2 or 3 different spots. In the past while neglecting brushing It has happened but only between the gap of my 2 front upper teeth, this time is was this spot and 2 others. Brushed again before bed, bled again ( a small trickle from front teeth and less in the other spots) Brushed in the morning and there was less bleeding maybe because i was extra careful brushing and did it softly and slow. Brushed after work and less blood still but can still see it if i apply tissue to my gums to check and I can slightly taste it. I know its probably gingivitis due to poor oral hygene as they do not bleed when im not brushing, but still worry about other things seeing as I've had some random bruising in the past month although I haven't had any new ones in a week and currently bruise free. Noticed blood in stool 2 days ago and occasionally a very small amount on toilet paper. but by the way I explained it to a GP he said it wasn't concerning. Thinking about getting blood work done, had CBC 4 weeks ago which all came back in normal levels, but was that too long ago?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Bleeding gums while brushing

What you need is a trip to the dentist, to have your teeth thoroughly scaled and cleaned (to remove built-up plaque). Then you need to brush every AM and PM, and floss at least once every PM.

Because of your poor dental hygiene, you've probably developed gingivitis, which is, basically, a type of infection of the gums. Untreated this can lead to tooth loss. Please do not ignore this or worry that it might be cancer - it''s not!

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread