It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
(female)

bestoldies04 HB Userbestoldies04 HB User
Multiple Myeloma Pain

I was diagnosed with having Multiple Myeloma several months ago. Does anyone diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma have any pain, if so where, and do you have any bone pain? Also does anyone with MM have elevated calcium levels? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 08-05-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

Panama Girl HB User
Re: Multiple Myeloma Pain

I am a 5yr Multiple Myeloma Survivor and want to share info about bone pain and treatments you have been trying, if I can help on my end be glad to ham 59 yr old female.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
(female)

Panama Girl HB User

I have had two autologous stem cell transplants, chemo, bone meds to strengthen bones, radiation of my affected hip and am now experiencing severe persistent back pain, wanted to find others with same problem and share what they are doing for remedies and pain relief. If I can give helpful info on this disease, will be glad to help.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
(female)

I have not started any treatments, another doctor thinks it may be MGUS not active Myeloma. My mother had Myeloma so I do know a significant amount about it. The problem with her when she was diagnosed a lot of the bone damage had already occured preventing some of the treatments. I have some intense bone pain but not all the time. Not sure what to blame it on. I know I have Osteoarthritis but the pain I am referring to is not in the joints or spine. It is in both arms and legs. Just wanted to know if this is a typical problem with Myeloma? I am 58 years old.

Thanks for responding to my message, any help is appreciated. I pray that you continue to respond well with treatments.

Last edited by bestoldies04; 10-29-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

hoppy212ny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Girl View Post
I have had two autologous stem cell transplants, chemo, bone meds to strengthen bones, radiation of my affected hip and am now experiencing severe persistent back pain, wanted to find others with same problem and share what they are doing for remedies and pain relief. If I can give helpful info on this disease, will be glad to help.
There are a lot of pain meds available to you. Hydrocodone, Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl patches ect. Talk to your Oncologist. If there is no medical reason for not doing so - sleep with the head of the bed elevated and have plenty of soft pillows wherever you sit or sleep. The pain may never go away but it can be managed and you can actually have GREAT days! I hope this helps.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

Thanks for the information on pain medications, I am currently taking Tramadol for pain. I will try that with elevation, I have a foam wedge which I gave to my husband to sleep on to help with his hiatal hernia. I guess it is time to buy another one. It is helpful that a few people are answering my post, thanks to both of you, have a blessed week.

Closed Thread