It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

EEgadz HB User
Lipoma's that turn into Liposarcoma's

Several years back I had a growth in my scrotum, as time went on and it grew so I had it removed. As it turned out it turned into a liposacroma which was rare as only 1 in about 250 million people have had the same thing happen to them. Well after the biopsy I had to have my left testicle removed and the tumor was dissected and passed around to multiple researchers. around the area (Boston) and possibly more. As it turns out another one popped up in my elbow area og my upper arm. I am in the process of getting it looked at, but wondering what people thought about this with my past experience with the lipoma in my scrotum.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
(male)

howardman652 HB User
Re: Lipoma's that turn into Liposarcoma's

hello i'm from the lowell ma area we just had a carcinoid tumor removed from my stomach been sick with my feet i'm a diabetic with neuropathy in my feet i recently had his vein mass pop out near a skin tag behind my knee this mass now my doctor called it a lipoma going to see the doctor this wensday this mass was enflamed sore to touch it it happened right after i had the surgery now that mass is hard rubbery the tag looks like kids bottle nipple i am still being treated for this carcinoid tumor i am just full of worried any tips for me to ask my doctor when i see him please email me thanks howard man 57 yrs old lowell ma thanks hope your alright good luck hope to hear from you

Last edited by howardman652; 08-06-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Lipoma's that turn into Liposarcoma's

Hello EE

I also have had liposarcoma. I am a 15 year survivor. :-) Mine was discovered in my upper left thigh and half of my thigh was removed, but I am still here. Gimpy, perhaps, but a happy soul.

I am not sure what to think about the lump on your arm. It could well be just a fatty tumor. However, I understand completely the worry. Once we have been through cancer, we move on but the worry rears its head when we find anythig out of the ordinary.

When I was diagnosed, the biopsy went through 6 pathologists here and finally was sent to the Army in Washington, DC before a final diagnosis could be made. When the diagnosois was made, I finally ended up in Boston for treatment although I do not live in that area. At the time, there were only 2 Sarcoma centers in this entire country... MD Anderson in Texas and Mass General in Boston.

I can not recommend Mass General's Sarcoma clinic highly enough. Through cutting edge surgery there, my leg was saved. Because you are in the Boston area, I would ask your doctor to intercede and make arrangements for you to be seen there. The team there has some of the most experienced surgeons and connected doctors in the world. Many oncologists never even see liposarcoma in their careers and here they are dealing with it on a daily basis.

I wish you well and will keep you in my heart. Please let us know how things are going.

Keep the faith, Brother
reach

Closed Thread