It's rare. I have Adenocarcinoma and Carcinoid Syndrome, both are rare, even more rare to have both. Lucky me. I get a shot in my back, deep muscle shot, very painful. It's called Sandostatin, not sure I spelled it right. It take away the symtoms, but that's all. There is no cure and little anyone can do. No Chemo, no radation. The chances of surviving five years are 40%. The other 60%, I don't like to think about.
Some doctor haven't even heard of it. You should the looks I get in the ER when my chest pain gets really bad or when I got kidney stones. It's like I'm a freaking lab rat to them. Lol. I had one doctor go and look it up on the internet.
Cancer is the home of all types of diseases. there are different types of symptoms of cancer Persistent Fatigue,Unintentional Weight Loss,fever,pain etc.some types of cancer do not feel any types of symptoms in his advanced stage. but day by day it can be started his work. so it is necessary to do cancer screening .
I freaking wish I had that symptom!!!!! I gained 30 pounds!!!!!!!!! Doctor calls me his rare and unusual humming bird (high heart rate). LOL
Jayson- That sounds a little dangerous to me. I have thought of Cellular Oxygen therapy. But I would have to go to Canada. And thought of B17, but would have to go to Mexico and then forced to tell my doctors that I did it. Which would get me in trouble with the FDA.
So I'm going to continue to take my prescriptions, get my shot, take my vitamins and pray every night.
I just got diagnosed yesterday with metastatic adenocarcinoma. Doctor hugged me and looked very sad but so far did not give any further information on prognosis. Sending me for a scan of some kind, to see if they can determine where is the cancer. Where it started, how far it has progressed. They found it in the lymph node, so all the docs agree it started elsewhere. Anyway, it's not the 2nd one you have, but maybe we can keep in touch. From what I have read so far, adenocarcinoma, primary location unknown, is not good because they don't know how to treat it best. Adenocarcinoma treatment depends where it starts, like did it start in ovary, or lung, I hear the treatments are different.
Again, having just been dx yesterday, I am very new to all this, but what I wanted to say is, I will try and find messages from you, if you don't mind, and just kinda be there for ya, cos I get it. At least I think I do, I don't mean to be presumptious.