It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

Ambee102 HB User
Swollen Place in Underarm

I have had this swollen place in my underarm for 9 years. I found it when I was pregnant with my second child. The doc told me it was probably clogged milk duct to have it looked at after I was done breast feeding if it was still there. It was still there. I had my doc look at it and said since it doesn't hurt or not bothering me we will just keep an eye on it. I have only had a few times it has been itchy or little sore while on period. Generally it is tender to touch. Doc never seemed interested in doing anything with it. I have been seeing a dermatologist since January for another reason. For the last couple moths I have been having shoulder neck and arm pain weight loss some upset stomach itchy skin esp neck and chest. Weight loss of 18-19 pounds since May. My pain itchy and swollen place is all in the right side. No left side symptoms. I have some chest discomfort or pain. I feel out of breath when I carry something slightly heavy or do something where I move my arms around a lot. He looked at it and said you definetely need a biopsy because it has been there so long and you are young(29). How do I know if this swollen place is a lymph node? It seems fatty not hard. My opinion is since it has been there so long it is probably nothing serious. The derm wanted a biopsy now and said nothing about it just it needs to be checked out. Would the swollen place cause my other symptoms after all these years? Could it after all these years become cancerous because I did nothing about it? What could the swollen place be beside cancer?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread