It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
(male)

youhoo HB User
what do you think?

Hi all, Im a 21 year old guy whos a little worried, so any reassurance would be great.

I have MANY swollen lymph nodes. Neck and groin mostly, with maybe 1 on my armpit. They move around for fun when i touch them, and i think are generally soft-ish, although im not 100% on that.

Im a little worried because I have read this can be a sign of lymphoma or leukemia. I also had a sore throat a few weeks ago, the worst I have ever experienced when it was very difficult to swallow and talk. Luckily that has gone now, but the bumps still remain.

I also have started getting continous mouth ulsers, about 5 or 6 in the last month ( 3 of them currently still with me!), so i dont know if this is a reason to worry.

I know that just swollen glands can be a sign of lymphoma, and them along with other symptoms can be leukemia. I have read mouth sores are a sign or leuakemia, but unsure whether ulsers are these or not? I would imagine sure.

The doctor wasnt concered at first about the lymph nodes in my neck, until i told him about the ones in my groin, and thats when he started asking about cancer history etc etc.

The only blood person in my family with a history of cancer is my Grans sister who died of breast cancer before i was even born.

So im a little scared, and cant stop touching my nodes, even though i know i shouldnt.
The fact the sore throat disappeared (with meds), is a good sign though right? It shows my immune system is working well.

So please, any help, any reassurance would be brilliant.

I have over 16 lymph nodes (i think is what they are, anyway!) that i can feel all over my body, which seems so many, and the ulsers, but nothing else. No night sweats, no fatigued, no loss of appetite.

Thankyou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
(female)

Kaytaters HB UserKaytaters HB User
Re: what do you think?

Well, it seems like you did the right thing by going to the doctor. Most won't do that. Plus he seemed concerned. Sounds like you should continue with a follow up with him.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
(male)

youhoo HB User

thankyou for replying!

Im not sure he was really concerned about them though thinking about it.

It seemed that because at first i just mentioned the neck ones, he was 100% sure it was because of my throat infection or an infection around that region. After i told him about the ones on my groin, it seemed to be him then not thinking it was because of the throat, but possibly something else.

Hope i've made that clear.

Thanks again!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
(female)

Kaytaters HB UserKaytaters HB User

Continue to get opinions of other doctors!!! I went sooooooo many years undiagnosed!!! YEARS! Please, if you are not happy with what he said, get a second opinion. I finally found a good doctor who listened to me, like I was a person, not a number. I went through 6 doctors and 10 years of unhappiness before I found my hero doctor. Two months later, I get told I have cancer and must have had it for years. Don't give up and don't go unhappy. Get the answers you want. You will come to a point where you won't care if the answer is good or bad.

Closed Thread