It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

Viola682 HB User
Cancer Pain

Hi,

I just got diagnosed with metastatic adenocarcinoma, unknown primary origin. My one and only overall symptom is Pain. I have been told cancer doesn't hurt, pain might indicate inflammation, pain is usually not cancer. All my other tests basically normal, except the enlarged lymph nodes that showed the cancer has metastasized (did not start in the lymph, but has spread there). I am going for PET tomorrow to see where else there might be cancer. Does anyone have huge pain due to the cancer, or can anyone tell me, what does this pain mean?

I have not started any treatment yet. Still getting diagnosed.

Viola

The following user gives a hug of support to Viola682:
bubblegirl (11-21-2011)
Old 11-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ysku99 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Cancer Pain

in my view its some thing serious you should visit doctor. May God with you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: Cancer Pain

I'm sorry that I have no idea what could be causing the pain. I do understand that it's still early days for you just now as they are still trying to get a diagnosis, but I do think they should be giving you something to help with the pain meanwhile!

Thinking of you & wishing you all the best! Do let us know how you went with the PET scan & if it gave them more information re your cancer. Ask for something for the pain too- I'm sure there is no need to put up with that!

Old 11-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

xbadfishx HB Userxbadfishx HB Userxbadfishx HB User

contrary to what you have been told a lot of people with cancer experience pain

Old 11-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
(female)

Viola682 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegirl View Post
I'm sorry that I have no idea what could be causing the pain. I do understand that it's still early days for you just now as they are still trying to get a diagnosis, but I do think they should be giving you something to help with the pain meanwhile!

Thinking of you & wishing you all the best! Do let us know how you went with the PET scan & if it gave them more information re your cancer. Ask for something for the pain too- I'm sure there is no need to put up with that!
Thanks Bubble girl and also others for responses. The PET scan shows cancer started in the uterus. I went to oncologist and to gyne oncologist, the gyne Oncologist could not do the biopsy in his office because my womb was scarred shut. Seems that is a sometimes complication of a routine procedure, for fibroid cysts or unusual bleeding, at least, 10 years ago when I had it done I was told it was routine. No one told me that this procedure sometimes results in scarring the womb shut, thus seriously delaying finding out if one has cancer.

Had a D&C today, next week will be the larger surgery, to remove all organs and lymph nodes affected by cancer, then will start the radiation or radiation/chemo. Still to be decided.

Viola

Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

I am so very sorry that you are going through this, but I do hope that you will end up with as good an outcome as I did. Although the original primary for my cancer was never found (and mine was not adenocarcinoma), it was third stage. I had surgery (removal of lymph nodes in groin and lower left side of abdomen), chemotherapy and radiation. That was in 2001, and last month I celebrated my tenth anniversary of recovery.

Since you cancer had metastasized, I would strongly recommend chemotherapy (along with radiation if deemed necessary.) It's no picnic, that's for sure, but I feel that it's the only way to be certain that any stray cancerous cells will be killed.

As for the pain, it's quite probably that some of the tumors are pressing on nerves, and that would cause pain.

Please do post back and let us know how you are doing and what your treatment will be. And feel free to ask questions, vent, cry, laugh or do whatever you need to do to help you get through this. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,

Ruth

Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
(male)

davidfoxx HB User

Its a serious disease you must visit doctor.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
(female)

brendaelk HB User

How are you doing? My husband had stomach cancer, he did two rounds of chemo and then they did surgery and removed the cancer. He is in rehab now, quite a major surgery but he made it through and you can too. Let me know how you are if you can.

Last edited by mod85; 06-13-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #9
(male)

ilsbio HB User

This one is the most information sharing about the cancer tissues the getting many of the people.There are various medical post in this site we get about the cancer tissue. So share more information's about the cancer.

Closed Thread