It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

JAL7053 HB User
MRI for recurrent GBM

My mother has recently had a MRI to reveal that her GBM tumor is back. However all the dr told us was MRI is worse. He did not explain anymore. Just it is worse and we need to try somethign different. I really want a little more explanation as to what it all means. I know this is terminal and I know recurrence is bad so he is most likely thinking what do the details really matter but I want to know how bad the MRI report really show on growth. Can any one read it for me? and just give me their opinion? I know that this form is not a substitue for medical advice just hoping someone is out there who can shed a little more light on all the medical terms in report.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg radiology rept page 2 001.jpg (67.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by JAL7053; 11-15-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: adding attachment

Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: MRI for recurrent GBM

Hello JAL

I am so sorry we meet under these circumstances, but glad to see you posting.

I am by no means at all a medical person and read the report strictly with an eye to language. What I gather is that, compared to the original MRI, they can see where the first surgery was done and that the glioblastoma has spread onward from there, invading some other areas of white matter ( I am assuming that is brain matter?) It says there are new abnormalities surrounding the cavity area from the the first surgery meaning it has started moving outward. It also seems like there is an increased blood flow, which is probably not good as this can feed the cancer.

I know this is tremendously frightening to deal with. I don't think any layman is really going to be able to offer you too much. Perhaps you need to convey your thoughts to the doctor. I am sure he felt he was in some way protecting you, but I think if you explain to him how heavily this is weighing on you, he might take the time to give you the details you seek.

Love Mom up. :-) That is what the very most important thing is right now.
Wishing you peace
reach

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread