It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User
Discovered lump... freaking out

Its like on the neck, just below the head. Kinda behind the left ear but not really. Hard to explain the location. Felt a small bump and when I checked you can feel like a buldge. Not sticking out just if I move my neck a certain way and pinch around.

I'm 27yo. I'm really freaking out right now. Not sure how long its been there Doesn't hurt though and I have not had any neck or head problems at all. Good I guess

Any opinions are fine. I'm so scared. Its 3:45am. Not sure if this goes in another board. Thanks for any thoughts.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

Muscat HB User
Re: Discovered lump...freaking out

Could just be a swollen lymph node. Were you sick recently? You have many lymph nodes in the body and when you have an infection some may swell because they are clearing the bacteria/virus away

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User
Re: Discovered lump...freaking out

I had a cold like a week ago. I'm not sure if that could cause swelling.

Like I've said it doesn't hurt or anything. Just noticed it while scrathing an itch. Wouldn't I have some kinda symptoms? I don't know. Just really scared now.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
(female)

Muscat HB User
Re: Discovered lump... freaking out

Yes, a cold can cause swelling and there are no other symptoms, its just the dead virus cells that are getting cleaned out of your body, the lump should shrink shortly.
Is it movable, can you press it, these are signs that its just a lymph node but if you are worried, just check it out with your doctor

Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Well its kinda movable. Like you can feel the bump if you run your fingers over it and doesn't feel that big. However if, like I said move my neck just right, I can pinch a bit deeper into the skin and I can feel the actual buldge. Its not huge...maybe the size of a grape or smaller. Like I can squeeze it with my thumb and index finger.

Could it be a cyst? Or something else? Don't know if it matters but like I said does not hurt. Not even to pinch it.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #6
(female)

Ripvanwink HB User

Go to the doctor

Old 03-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
(male)

wildcat2000 HB User

Well came back to see if this topic was still on the front page. I was gonna post in the lymphoma board but I know we can't double post so glad I checked.

Not that it matters much its had over 500 views and only two people commented.

Well for anyone reading the bump is still there. Hasn't gotten bigger. Although I did find another on right side of my neck. Its not noticable unless I really feel around for it. Maybe its been there all along.

Anyway I've read every possible symptom of lymphoma and I have none ( which is good) except these neck bumps. Actually starting to think one of them isn't even a lymph node, the first one in back.

I've read nodes can stay swollen a long time and of course if you're sick. I've read about strep throat and there's been days my throat has a gaggy feeling to it and sore on one side. But its very mild. Like allergies. I don't even feel sick. Is it possible to have an infection and feel fine?

Thanks for any other replies. Reason I haven't gone to my docter is like I said I feel ok. Mostly just worried. These bumps are always in the back of my mind.

Closed Thread