It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
(male)

scorchedfatale HB User
Strange happenings with my tonsil (Cancer?) With photos!

Hi all, I've been really worried and can't really find sufficient information on Tonsil cancer.... so I thought I'd come here!
Last year I started to feel like as though something was caught in my throat, I had really bad nasal drainage, sometimes to the point where I'd be gagging from the mucus... I have problems swallowing bread and all that fun stuff, but I didn't really think too much of it. I sluffed it off. But a few days ago I realized that I had started to develop the symptoms, after searching for a while, luekoplakia. I think read that it often co-occurs with esophageal cancer... and risks of getting that kind of cancer is raised by having an underdeveloped cardic(?) (top of stomach) sphincter... which I'm pretty sure I have. So naturally I was a little worried and I made an appointment with a doctor.
So I had all of these tests and stuff... but ironically the day I went to the doctor my right tonsil started bothering me, and I didn't mention anything. Not, I just thought it was tonsil stones as I've had them before... so I went at err and I didn't get anything out even though they were mildly infected. Since I've been suffering from anxiety issues, I'm a little compulsive when it comes to these problems... and I was an idiot and started picking at my tonsil- but now I'm happy I did.
I'm pretty sure it was rotting- I mean, if I poked certain spots, I couldn't feel a thing, and it was an off color and the skin would break. I tried cleaning out my crypt, and after I could see a bunch of yellow growths (Which again I thought were tonsils stones), I tried to get them out, and they are/were stuck in there solidly. I used a bobby pin, tweezers, cue tip, etc. and it's like... idk it's weird. It's a VERY solid substance and when I try to remove it it makes a weird sound, almost as if it was cartilage. Sores have grown around my tonsil and now my tonsil has kind of split in half in a sense, and in the middle is a MASSIVE amount of these yellow hard growns in there. I'm freaked out, and the more anxious I get, the more I want to pick, so then I make it worse.

Thoughts? Has anybody had the same problem and it just turned out to be tonsil stones or just benign growths? : [
I have such an large amount of correlated symptoms I just am freaked.

omfggg. After taking these photos, I got such a better sight at what it really looks like. O_O
**** PHOTOS OF MY MOUTH. GRAPHIC! NOT THE MOST PLEASANT TO LOOK AT *****
http://i42.tinypic.com/35kok88.jpg <--- Tonsil
http://i40.tinypic.com/xw32e.jpg <--- Mouth
http://i39.tinypic.com/348kd34.jpg <--- close up of sores

Last edited by scorchedfatale; 04-17-2012 at 04:41 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Strange happenings with my tonsil (Cancer?) With photos!

It's probably just a lot of tonsil stones. Tonsil stones are hard calcium deposits, yellowish-white. Then you picked at the stones, so now you have sores and holes in it.

I would get the tonsils removed. Then you'll be done with it.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
(female)

ShelShel1988 HB User
Re: Strange happenings with my tonsil (Cancer?) With photos!

Cant access pics, no link... It sounds like tonsil stones that are just severe and deep and can not get them. Definatley go to the ENT doctor. Not a regular doc, they wont be able to tell you what is wrong or will just prescribe antibiotics.

Closed Thread

Tags
cancer mouth, tonsil cancer, tonsil stones