It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

kazmoz HB User
Cancer

Hi I am after some advice. I am a 36 year old female unfortunately obese in weight. I suffer from PCOS, IBS and OCD. The problems started on my last period, this lasted for 9 days I am usually 4-5 days max. Since then I have been getting the odd period pain but over the last 10 days or so I have had this kind of ache mainly on my left side of my lower stomach (abdomen i think its classed) but its also across my abdoman. I went to the Dr tuesday he seemed to think as I am on a diet I was eating too much fruit so cut some out, he felt my stomach which was uncomfortable on the left side but he seemed to think it was IBS playing up. Two days later it was no better so I went back again. This time the Dr took my temperature and pulse and said they were both up, he felt the pain which was still there. He has given me two lots of antibiotics and told me to come back in a weeks time, depending how things are I may need a colonoscopy. I said my sister has diviculatitus he said funny enough it was one of the things he was thinking. Having looked on the internet I can not really see that is a possibility. I am so scared is this a sign of the C word. I keep crying and cant stop thinking out this and how it will affect my 5 year old son who is already having a hrd time that me and his dad split up 2 years ago. He is very sensitive and always says he loves me and now and again comes up and just says for no reason that he doesnt want me to die. Please help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Cancer

Have your doctor do a FSH test. It may be early menopause. I saw exacerbation of my IBS when I started early menopause several years ago. I also saw extremely long and heavy periods for a few months which also caused abd. pain

T

Closed Thread