It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

ScaredinOnt HB User
Question Help have six nodules "No Hot or warm nodules noted"

Ok here it goes. I got this swelling behind my ear a bit lower and alone the lower jaw. I went to ER and they said I think you have the mumps. Well I am sick as it is I have a PSW that is pregnant so it really scared me. Only symptom I had was the pressure and burning in my ears. After the two blood tests ten days apart and no change in my swelling. I went back. They said" Your ears burn"? You have an ear infection, they sent me home on IV antibiotics. The strongest antibiotic they can give at home, in fact I did not even have it in a machine that I carried around like a purse the nurse stayed while it went through and checked my vitals

It was not that. About 4 days later I went to my Pain Docs and she said not to be rude but why is your neck so swollen (on the sides) I said I don't know they have misdiagnosed me twice. She said NO NO NO. Here is a requisition go have a ultrasound on that see what it is. Well I went the next day. The doctor got a phone call (not written results) to tell me to have a Thyroid Uptake Scan. They arranged it right away and I had it. I took a pill the day before and went in the morning and they scanned me. And even scanned my knee. I found it strange but asked no questions. The TUS came back saying the nodules were all cold. I was asked to pick up both those scans after i met with ENT so he could compare and do FNAB. So I picked them up. The thyroid scan said not much. My thyroid was of normal size and shape but had 1x1.6.2 nodules 5 and no HOT nodules were found. So the thyroid was turned off? It was HYPO. It said on it to give me a FNA stat. Well during this time waiting for FNA I picked up ultrasound scan. Said my nodes were vascular, 2 were calcified, nothing on it was positive at all and it said Does patient have cancer risks. It said I should have blood test. I do not have family doc. And even after FNA which I find out results Thursday I have not had blood drawn. I have gained weight for no reason. I do not grow any pubic hair or it takes forever. no sexual needs in ten years. I have NO PAIN except an excruciating pain my ears like when you are in the freezing cold and you walk in to a warm room , along with the pressure of going up in an airplane. My swelling is still there nothing was mentioned to me about that. I do not know family history. Adopted. I am scared and have no one to talk too. Please tell me from the few things I have told you. Do you think or does it sound like cancer. I put all the big words in wikepedia and the Ultrasound mixed with the Thyroid Uptake Scan it sounds like cancer. But I am hearing its not that common. Why am I still swollen. I have gained weight, two pants sizes. I hardly eat and I sleep all the time and my eyesight has gotten very bad, now here is the kicker. If it is cancer do they take thyroid out. Should thyroid come out anyway.The strange part of all this as I have had these signs Except swelling for ten years. Would the cancer have been there ten years or maybe just hyopthyroid and it turned into cancer? Please someone say something to me I am very afarid I am the mother of three young adults and I do not want to leave them alone. I have been sick for 10 years and everybody saying you should not be so tired, that is why your fat, cause you sleep, Had weight loss surgery in 99 that collasped and I had to be flown to the states to find a doctor that woudl fix it. Please help me! if you read this story and it sounds familiar I know none of you are doctors. But I am afraid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread