It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #46
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Groin nodes, squamous cell cup need support

Never mind the weight gain...right now you need it, and I'm glad you're able to get enough nourishment to be gaining weight.

You mentioned the half-way mark...is that between chemo treatments, halfway through the radiation treatments, or halfway for all treatment? Not sure you ever told me how often you'd be having the chemo.

Glad the mouth sores are subsiding, but imagine they're going to come back big time once you have another chemo treatment. I know it's really hard to think of this when you're just so very, miserably uncomfortable, but if you can think of it as just something you have to get through...marking the days off the calendar...it's probably better than concentrating on how miserable you are. I know...it doesn't work for everyone...but I've often found that, for myself, concentrating on pain or discomfort actually makes me feel worse! I have some other painful physical conditions, but I'm finding that if I concentrate on something else (funny movie, good book, just going to sleep, doing crafts, etc.) I get through several hours without noticing how much pain I'm in. Probably during chemo you won't have the energy to do much else, but funny movies and books are usually do-able even when you're exhausted.

Sounds as if you do have some family support, and I'm so glad to hear that. As always, I'm putting you in my prayers every night, and wishing there were more that I could do to help you get through this.

Hugs,

Ruth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #47
(female)

Cindy927 HB User

Ruth

Family support and friends are great....total of the two rounds of chemo and the 31 radiations is six weeks...I just finished three weeks. Next week will be radiation...the following week radiation and chemo....last week radiation.....trying to focus on other things....but the back pain is the worse. They need to look into it on Monday. Resting ...trying to eat well....and yes counting the days......this second round of chemo is going to be brutal....they warned me of that....but if my back pain wasnt so brutal I could get around more on my own and feel better.....hoping each day is better....how are you doing? Feeling ok? How's your energy level? So glad to talk with you.........hugs Cindy xo

Old 09-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #48
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Just a thought...are you spending a lot of time in bed, by any chance? Sometimes being in bed can actually cause serious backaches. Hopefully that's all it is. Let me know what you find out on Monday. And, if it's possible for you and not contra-indicated, possibly a chiropractor could help.

So all in all, you're going to have had three chemo treatments? That's not too bad (hah - that's easy to say when you're not going through it, right?) and it sounds like the next chemo will be the last one...yay, you can look forward to the end of the darned mouth sores in a few weeks.

Cindy, I so wish we could talk on the phone, but I'm glad we can at least write to each other. When I was going through treatment back in 2001, I had absolutely no one to talk with as I couldn't find a support group that was open to people with rare types of cancer, and it was really a bummer. Luckily I finally found a group online, and let me tell you...it was a real life-saver to be able to talk to people who had been through it. So I'm glad we found each other here and I truly hope it's as helpful to you to be talking about this as it was to me when I finally found someone to talk to about my own cancer journey. This is definitely a road no one should have to walk alone.

Sleep well,

Ruth

Last edited by SamQKitty; 09-15-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #49
(female)

Cindy927 HB User

Ruth

You are in MA .....hey we may of crossed paths....lol....yes it would be nice to talk....yes Ruth I've been laying down a lot.....the first chemo was Aug 27 to sept 1..... So it was a lot of in bed...then laying on the radiation table five days a week for 20 mind at a time....then twice a week an IV for fluids that takes two hrs.....yup a lot of down time and heading back to hospital in the 24th till the 29th for five more days of chemo and radiation.....so it's just two rounds of chemo.....just. Lol lol.....so you may be right......I try to walk around but the chemo and radiation has kicked my butt now it's hard to walk cause my back kills...I cant win!.........I am trying...maybe tomorrow will be better??? Hopeful....took soma ...muscle relaxer but does nothing.....can't use aleve....my heart races.....ugh ......feel hopeless....well will try to sleep.....appreciate you sticking with me.....love Cindy xoxo

Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #50
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Cindy,

Sorry I didn't answer sooner...have had more company in the past 4 weeks than in the previous four years!

By now I guess you've finished your second treatment...wow, 5 days in hospital for chemo sounds grueling. I'm guessing you're still in bed today (Sunday, the 30th) but hope you made it through okay and can look forward to being on the road to recovery...probably a slow road, but hopefully one with a good end in sight. Was this your last week of radiation, too?

Cindy, I know that right now you're probably feeling really miserable from the effects of the chemo, but I am praying that within a few weeks you'll start feeling better and better. The biggest prayer is being sent every day that you're going to achieve complete recovery and cure and be able to put this awful experience behind you!

Ruth

Old 10-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #51
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Cindy,

Just wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you, and hoping that you're okay. I'm guessing that the last round of chemo must have knocked you for a loop, but hope that as the days pass, you'll start feeling a bit better.

((HUGS))

Ruth

Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #52
Senior Veteran
(female)

Okay, it's now October 23rd, and I'm really getting worried about Cindy. If any of her family or friends is reading this, I would so very much appreciate an update on how she's doing. And if she herself is too sick to post, please let her know that I'm thinking of her and praying for her every day.

Ruth

Closed Thread