It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

ravens77 HB User
gerd/ibs or cancer

Hi, im 34 years old male , 6'2" and 195 lbs. i have increased belching and gurgling stomach (especially when i first wake up) for about 5 months and lots of undigested vegetables in my stool (this symptom ive had for years). Ive lost about 15 lbs during this time. I was on aciphex for years because of gerd but was switched to dexilant for gastritis. Ive recently stopped taking the dexilant and am trying bentyl 4x a day but so far no changes. i am very regular with my bowel movements (once a day) so i dont see how it could be ibs. these are the tests i have done so far: chest xrays (normal), ekg, cbc, liver and pancreas enzyme blood tests (all normal), upper gi series (showed some thickening of rugal folds), upper endoscopy with biopsy (mild gastritis and gerd, negative on celiac and h pylori), gallbladder ultrasound (normal), ct scan of abdomen and pelvis with contrast (normal), colonoscopy (normal) and hida scan with cck (normal). I do have health anxietys and am currently in therapy and taking vybrid for anxiety. Im curious why i never seem to digest vegetable type matter, seeds and nuts. I guess my question could all of this just be a combination of gerd slight ibs and high levels of stress and anxiety. with all of these tests wouldnt they have seen if something serious was causing my symptoms? I worry about some type of cancer, but if cancer was causing symptoms wouldnt some test have seen it? Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: gerd/ibs or cancer

"with all of these tests wouldnt they have seen if something serious was causing my symptoms?" In a word...yes! If something was seriously wrong, they would have found it already.

Ruth

The Following User Says Thank You to SamQKitty For This Useful Post:
ravens77 (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
(male)

ravens77 HB User
Re: gerd/ibs or cancer

Thank you for your reply!!

Closed Thread