It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
(female)

totti10 HB User
pain in abdomen

I had bowel cancer nearly 9 years ago which I had an op and had a bag for 9 months, also 6 months of chemo.

Since this, I always seem to have stomach pains which always sends me back to the Dr's. who I must say are brilliant and will always take into consideration my history. I have had plenty of scans. Thankfully all coming back clear but does not stop me worrying.

My pains are 90% on the right hand side of my long scar and near to where i had the bag.

My latest pains however are on the left hand side, more near the middle of my abdomen. they come and go. sometimes really sharp which make me double up and sometimes feel like cramp and stay for a couple of hours.

I have had these before but always worry if its going to be something more serious.

Apart from these pains I do feel ok, I have had consitipation for the past 18 months on and off.

Has anybody else out there had the same problem as me, if so, could they please offer me any advise.

thank you in advance

Old 09-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: pain in abdomen

You know, constipation can cause pains anywhere in the digestive tract, and you could also be experiencing gas pains, too. It should be reassuring that t's been nine years since you had the cancer, and unless you get the pain in exactly the same place for more than a couple of weeks, maybe you don't need to worry about it as much. Plus it sounds like you have excellent doctors who are taking very good care of you. You probably don't need scans more than once a year, if that. All those scans aren't that good for you, either.

But you should probably ask what you can do to relieve the constipation and/or gas. I suspect if you get rid of that, you won't have as many pains.

Ruth

Last edited by SamQKitty; 09-02-2012 at 07:48 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamQKitty For This Useful Post:
totti10 (09-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread