It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

cowmemoo HB User
In this alone...

I have had swollen lymph glands (neck) 3x since June. 1st time I was on antibiotics for 1 month. 2nd time was almost 4 weeks ago went on antibiotics and they went down til I was done with the antibiotics. Then again 2 weeks ago and then the lymph glands above my collarbone swelled. I have a Ct scan scheduled for Tues. I have been having many symptoms for 8-12 months. Nausea, bruises coming from nowhere, mild anemia, rash's, ringing in my ear, change in stool color, joint pain, dizziness, weakness (off and on) in one arm, I forget simple things I could go on and on. Now Im having some female issues that the medicine is not working. I have been reluctant to write down all these symptoms and give them to my Dr. because I dont want to look like a hypocondriac. My family is sick of hearing that Im sick. No one thinks this may be serious but I do. I was hoping I could get some advice on what to do. I have been looking online about the swelling above my collarbone and what I see doesnt look good. Thanks in advance...

Old 10-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: In this alone...

Before you go to the doctor, write down ALL your symptoms, how often they happen, what if anything makes them worse/better. If you can put this all in chronological order, so much the better.

Please don't be reluctant to give this to your doctor. Often is the combination of symptoms that gives a clue as to what could be wrong. Yes, doctors are frequently busy and you don't want to bend his/her ear for an hour; that's precisely why it's a great idea to write it all down, organize it, and then go in to the doctor with a concise and organized summary of your symptoms.

And I wish you luck in getting to the bottom of this.

Ruth

The Following User Says Thank You to SamQKitty For This Useful Post:
cowmemoo (11-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

cowmemoo HB User
Re: In this alone...

Thanks for responding. Sorry its been so long I just got back to work and things are kinda crazy. I had a neck CT and the ENT said it was normal. No swollen Lymph nodes. OK but why are my neck and collarbone still swollen????? He said the neck swelling is from my TMJ. (???) I need to get a second opinion but cant get to the Dr. for 2 weeks. Still having all the same symptoms Im a little upset that Im not being taken seriously.

Reply Reply