It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
(male)

Chagousa HB User
Can this be cancer?

I have a protruding rib in the left chest, that has been giving me issues for about 8 months. It seems that all my issues come from this rib, when I'm sitting down it gets worst, the issue it gives me is numbness in the entire chest area, not just the rib...There appears to be a lump in the rib, but doctors tell me there is nothing there, just the rib sticking out. I had a CT scan last August, nothing was found, but I notice now the rib still sticking out, when I stand up and breath in, I looks like a big lump in the chest...it goes away when I'm sitting down, but I feel the numbness/pressure then.

I have touched it so much that it appears that it is tender now, not that much pain, but it happens to be just tender to the touch.

Should I worry about this?, how can I take care of it? has anybody have any issues like this? what kind of doctor can I see?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Can this be cancer?

It dosent sound like Cancer and unless you have other symptoms you should trust your Dr and the CT scan that would have revealed anything unusual.
In most things that we have a pair of, one side will often appear different to the other side.
Leave it alone as you will make the area sore like you already admit to and if other symptoms appear that worry you see your Dr again,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
(male)

rather HB User

Yes I also do not think it is cancer but you must go to a good doctor and get the suggestion.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
(female)

FallinApart HB User

To me, it sounds like the continuous rubbing may be causing irritation. If the scans have been done and don't show cancer, the chances of it being cancer are pretty slim.

I highly suggest seeing your family doctor or an internist and discuss with them how and what you feel and experience. I have a malformed ribcage from an accident when I was a kid. My ribs stick out on my lower left ribcage. These ribs tend to get sore if I lay on them for any period of time or sit slouched to the side. Outside of removing them, there are no other treatment options.

Best of luck!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
(male)

Chagousa HB User

Hello, just wanted to give you an update, I have been feeling the same for the past month or so....my rib issue is still there.
Something new that happened since I last wrote is that sometimes when I'm sitting in bed and I go ahead and lift myself with the left arm, I start feeling this huge pain in the arm pit and all over the left chest, including the rib area...it radiates and burns, it is the kind of pain that only goes away with rest....so I rest and it goes away...again this is the only other symptom that I'm feeling....I will have another CT scan done on monday and will talk to a thorax surgeon on friday next week....hopefully I find some news...but here are the IFs:
If they find a tumor or something growing in me, this would be worst case...hopefully I can survive, I want to live...
If they find nothing growing in me...this would be bad too, again I would be left with no answers...and I'm tired of feeling like I feel.
If they find no mass, but they find something else wrong that could be making me feel the way I'm...this would be best case scenario...Hopefully option three is the way to go...will keep you updated. thanks for the replies.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
(male)

Chagousa HB User

Just received the results of the ct scan, no abnormalities found in chest area...(thank you)...back to square one....
The doctor did say that I have the 6th and 7th ribs fused together, but probably since birth...no other issues....what's next??

Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

[QUOTE=Chagousa;5125230]Just received the results of the ct scan, no abnormalities found in chest area...(thank you)...back to square one....
The doctor did say that I have the 6th and 7th ribs fused together, but probably since birth...no other issues....what's next??[/QUOTE

"Great New's" I'm really pleased for you.
Now try and relax, as I said previously anything we have two of in our bodies you will often find one side can differer to the other.
I wish you all the best,

Solofelix.

Reply Reply