It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
(male)

Sonny1221 HB User
Question I was diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma

Hello my friends!i notice my left leg (femur area) started swelling in the ending of November 2011, I was a high school senior at the time, so I was doing a lot of weight training, so i didn't think to much of it, then the pain started, so i went to the hospital, they did scans and a biopsy and diagnosed me with Ewing sarcoma February of 2012 started chemo right away, did 17 cycles of intense chemo and surgery in between chemos, I finish chemo on November 23 of 2012, then when I think I'm ready to resume my regular life I noticed a small lump on my left leg on January 2 2013. Met the doctors and they want me to start all over again. My case is very weird because all the scans I did on the 21 of December 2012 showed up negative, I did a pet/ct scan of body , bone scan of body, MRI of left leg, X-ray, chest ct scan, how come these scans didn't pick up the cancerous cells? I would think if cancerous cells was still in my left leg at this point, the scans should at least pick it up? I just don't get it? Is it possible for the cancer to to recur so quick? Within 5 weeks and 3 days of last chemo? And the weird thing is I didn't even see this new lump on my leg grow it just appear over night at one size. And this isn't the first time the scans didn't pick the cancer up, it happen when my left leg started swelling back in 2011. Another thing is that the cancer came back on the negative margine which was below the inital tumor site. this is weird i dont get it, im not even a bad eater, i dont eat junk food, rarely eat fast food, exercise, it's not like if I'm putting crap into my body to feed the cancer. Please I need some insight, did these events ever happen to anyone else? I would appreciate if you guys can answer my questions, and get back to me thank you all, much love.

Last edited by Sonny1221; 01-21-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
(female)

Nhlsurvivor2008 HB User
Re: I was diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma

Sometimes it can appear out of no where it seems.. if its a fast growing mass then it may not have been there when the other scans were done. It is very possible for it to happen that quickly I know several people that it has happened to.

As far as the junk food theory goes that isn't really what causes it.. everyone already has cancer cells in their bodies... its just a matter of them becoming active. some people given genetic family history are more at risk and yes while diet exercise and stuff like that play a part it isn't the only thing..

I have had cancer 5 times as of now and i dont drink or smoke or anything like that.

cancer is a complex illness.. anything can activate it. I would ask your dr more about it and also try doing some research that is what I do cause I have been battleing since I was 15 and I still don't know all of what causes it.

I am sorry I cant be of more help to you.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
(female)

Nhlsurvivor2008 HB User
Re: I was diagnosed with Ewing sarcoma

Sometimes it can appear out of no where it seems.. if its a fast growing mass then it may not have been there when the other scans were done. It is very possible for it to happen that quickly I know several people that it has happened to.

As far as the junk food theory goes that isn't really what causes it.. everyone already has cancer cells in their bodies... its just a matter of them becoming active. some people given genetic family history are more at risk and yes while diet exercise and stuff like that play a part it isn't the only thing..

I have had cancer 5 times as of now and i dont drink or smoke or anything like that.

cancer is a complex illness.. anything can activate it. I would ask your dr more about it and also try doing some research that is what I do cause I have been battleing since I was 15 and I still don't know all of what causes it.

I am sorry I cant be of more help to you.

You can message me if you have more questions

Reply Reply