It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
(female)

naomi76 HB User
Bump on neck

About 2 1/2 - 3 mos ago, I noticed a small bump on the side of my neck. I did a little research & it looked a lot like a sebaceous cyst, so I didn't worry. However, I did notice it would get sore if I touched it too much. (Duh, right?)

After about the first month, I tried gently squeezing it & thought I felt something move...but the next day it was bigger.

Then about 2 weeks ago I got sick, felt like I had a sore throat, etc. But that bump was REALLY sore. Once again, it felt bigger....but in a swollen way. I thought, if it was a cyst it looked infected. So I went to see the dr z& she told me I prob had strep (didnt do cultures), chronic allergies, ear infection & she also thought the bump was a cyst. She gave me a z-pack & told me to hot compress my neck to draw the infection out & gently pop it when it came to a head. Well, the meds seemed to help and the pain went away. But it never "came to a head". In fact, tonight I thought it looked like it was getting a purplish color & might be a little bigger.

Other things I've noticed is my throat/tongue feels strange. Not like a sore throat...more like it feels like someone is gently squeezing. And the back of my tongue feels dry & that feeling when there's food stuck in your throat.

I've also had a bit of a cough the last 3 weeks.

Now, I have another appt on Friday. When I got sick, I mentioned to the dr that I already had made an appt to get this checked out & asked since I was there, should I cancel the later appt? She said no, keep it....if it didnt go away they'd want to see it again.

Is there anything I should ask about on Friday? I hate to admit it, but I'm scared. I know I worry too much, but my mind of course is going like worst case. My dr office usually tends to be on the more laid back side, so I'm wondering if they still say just a cyst, do I force myself to stop the worry? Or should I be asking specific questions?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User
Re: Bump on neck

I'm wondering...did you by any chance get some sort of bite, like a tick or mosquito bite? It sounds more like some sort of allergic reaction or weird infection than anything.

Good luck at the doctor's...today? or next Friday? Post back, won't you?

Ruth

Old 07-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
(female)

naomi76 HB User

Well, good news

Dr said it's just a cyst, and the reason it changed color was prob from when I did all the hot compresses it brought a little blood to the surface. Gave me some ointments to try and said to give it several more weeks to go away.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

Good news!

Ruth

Reply Reply