It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User
Does anyone here suffer from Candida?

If so, were you formally diagnosed or did you self diagnose? If you were diagnosed, what kind of doctor diagnosed you? What treatments did you have and did they help you?

I must admit I have been skeptical of Candida, mainly because most Websites with info about it want to sell you something, plus even Dr. Weil seems skeptical about it. But now I know someone who knows someone who has it, and was treated for it and feels better.

I fit the profile for it. Because of chronic sinusitis, I have taken multiple rounds of antibiotics, sometimes for months at a time. Lately, I get oral thrush whever I take them. Strangly, I don't get vaginal yeast infections. I've only had 2 in my lifetime, both when I was on antibiotics for more than 6 weeks. I have tons of allergies, and was just diagnosed with food allergies. My ears are always full, but always unclog for a bit when I am prescribed the antifungal medicine for the thrush.

Sorry this was so long. Thanks for reading.

The following user gives a hug of support to sneezydiva:
sugarcrave (01-13-2012)
Old 05-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #2
(male)

greensky HB User
Re: Does anyone here suffer from Candida?

I'm currently doing the Candida diet. I also take supplements to help control the Candida, but you can do it without taking any supplements. This is the second time I'm doing the diet. The first time I didn't take any supplements and still got results.

I think, even if there is no such thing as Candida, doing the diet can be beneficial. I of cause don't know your diet, but if you have an average diet doing the Candida diet won’t cost you any thing and will have health benefits.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Thanks, so the diet helped you? I have been looking into it, but it seems very difficult. Especially since my food allergis eliminate some of the foods allowed on the diet. I've taken probiotics lately, whenever I have to take antibiotics. I think they do work because it takes much longer for the thrush to appear when I take them vs. when I don't. I actually found a website that wasn't trying to sell me something that explained Candida and its role in sudden food allergies. I must say, it was very interesting and convincing.

What supplements are you taking?

Old 05-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
(male)

greensky HB User

As mentioned the first time I did the diet, approx 5 years ago, I didn’t take any supplements. I got rid of a yeast infection I had for 20 Years. I had tried several different medical creams witch would stop it from itching but not get rid of it. It cleared complete away on the diet, and hasn't returned.

I'm now taking A supplement called Candida Clear which contains Pau D'Arco, Oregano Oil, Black Walnut and Caprylic Acid, I also drink Ipe Roxo tea which is anti fungal.

My symptoms are not the same as yours so I can’t say positively if it will help you or not. But as far as I can see doing the diet for a limited time can’t hurt and I’m shore will benefit most people, even if doesn’t help with the symptoms that bother you the most.

The diet can be a bit monotonous if you also have to leave out some of the Ok foods.

Last edited by greensky; 05-30-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
(female)

dallasmommy HB User

I have Lyme Disease and am and will be on antibiotics for years. I get terrible infections and have found great relief with the probiotics and the Diet. It works wonders.

Old 06-05-2005, 03:41 AM   #6

DTemple HB User

I have been on the Candida diet since January and have notice improvements, but when I cheat only once on something small, some symptoms come back. I had the sinusitis and thrush but never a vaginal infection. I did recently have two URI or bladder infections which have gone away since the diet. I still eat fruit, but I avoid all other forms of sugar, white flour products and all dairy products except eggs and butter. I had a blood and stool test that confirmed I had Candida. I am also doing a three month colon cleanse which I find very helpful - this can remove Candida as well.

Old 06-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

DTemple,
Could you explain the details of your three month colon cleanse please?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:36 AM   #8

DTemple HB User

We are not allowed to mention websites here without permission from the moderators. But it's a colon cleanse and a parasite cleanse and it really works and it's gentle and you don't have to fast. You take four parasite caplets in the morning with water, then twenty minutes later drink the fiber drink and at night you steep a special tea which tastes delicious. You are supposed to drink eight glasses of water a day with it. It's good for someone like me with digestive problems, food sensitivities, Candida, chronic constipation. You will be passing large amounts of very old fecal material and parasites and hopefully the Candida too.

Old 06-06-2005, 01:30 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

DTemple I am glad to hear you also didn't have a vaginal infection. All the websites geared toward women name this as a top symptom, which has added to my confusion about the whole thing, since I rarely get them. I started some anti-Candida supplements, and now I have one! I also have a slight rash in some random places elsewhere on my body. I am assuming these are die-off symptoms?

Old 06-07-2005, 11:11 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User

DTemple,
We're allowed to post the names of products. I was wondering if you could name the colon and parasite cleanse that you used? Thanks.

Old 06-14-2005, 05:28 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Hi Sneezydiva,
Oh yes I have Candida,lovely isn't it?I was not formally diagnosed by a Physician.I read and sought out research and found a wonderful site that doesn't sell to people.I'm beginning to heal myself and it isn't easy.After years of repeated Antibiotic therapies and a high Carb diet and not having any actual medical problems I can safely say what I have is in fact Candida.I have repeated Vaginal Yeast Infections have had an eye infection and fungal infections in my ears.I have not had thrush however.Just because one or a few people have YI in one area doesn't mean they will have it in other areas.Everyone's body is different.Were you aware that Candida will cause Sinus and Allergies problems?My Sinus cavity is constantly dry and clogged,I also have pain and pressure.I mix non-Iodized Salt water(warm not hot)and snort it.Some opt to use a Netipot.It does make my Sinuses feel much better.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

sneezydiva HB User

Hi Lotus blossom!

Cnadida is definately not fun. I'm still being investigated for other medical problems, sut in the meantime I am taking the supplements, and trying the diet. I'm not very strict about it, but I have cut down on my sugar A LOT. It's hard to tell if it is helping as I have good days and bad days. But that was true even before I started the supplements.

I had no idea Candida could CAUSE sinus problems. What a vicious cycle! Candida causing sinus problems which leads to an infection which leads to an antibiotic prescription which leads to more Candida! Yikes!

Old 06-14-2005, 11:32 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Lotus_Blossom HB User

Hi Sneezydiva,
Oh most definately not fun.I have the worst case of Candida my Alternative health person told me she had ever seen.That is not to say someone else out there has it better.I have at least 30-35 symptoms.I'm just starting out haven't done any cleanses or Probiotics yet but am modifying my diet.The best thing I've done so far is clean out my cabinets and fridge.Candida is the enemy it is a vicious cycle just like you said.It keeps feeding..I read in a book where people CAN die from Candida..I had a horrible infection several years ago that required long term Antibiotic usage ended up having another strain of infection that made me much more sicker so was put on a different Antibiotic then took another oral Antibiotic for over a month.Doctors won't tell you that Antibiotics will destroy I had to learn it on my own.Knowledge is power.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #14
(female)

Pig Lover HB User

I had to self-diagnose myself after going to 4 "regular" drs. and having countless blood tests all negative. I'm very healthy, never even had tonsilitis, but started having body aches in 2003 that grew worse. I felt like I was getting the flu, you know those aches? Well, fibro was suggested, but when I found a toe nail fungus and I don't go to a public gym or a nail salon, I remember a co-worker whose dr. told her that her chronic finger nail fungus as being produced by her body in the form of a yeast infection. So I started doing searches all over the net. I had all the symptoms: insomnia, constant tension headaches, joint & muscle pain, & cravings for sugar and constant carbs. I went on a strict no sugar/yeast/wheat diet and felt an immediate change within my body. (I never got the itchy crotch thing either) All vegetables, brown rice & legumes. After 5 weeks, I thought I could cheat and have a muffin and 15 delicious fresh cherries. Well, the next day, I felt like I'd been hit by a dump truck. All achey and could hardly walk. I felt lousy for the rest of the day, and it took a good week to feel somewhat normal. I just went to my regular dr. yesterday and begged him to give my anti-fungals. Reluctantly, because he remains skeptical that yeast actually takes over the body, he gave me a month of Nystatin & 6 Diflucan tabs. With the first Diflucan tab, I felt less achey. I'm also still on the strict candida diet. No fruit, any kind of sugar, or yeast products. Also eliminated wheat just because it causes allergies in a lot of people. Plus supplements like grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid, berberine tablets & acidophilus. I ordered Oil of Oregano too plus stevia, which is the only sweetener I can use for my coffee. (Supposed to give up coffee too, but come on!!) After having constant achiness for 2 years, I think I actually figured it out on my own, sorry to say. I'd like more drs. to believe me. It's hard to fight a battle no one else can see.

Old 06-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #15

DTemple HB User

Pig lover, Your story is amazing. What does a nail fungus look like?

Closed Thread