It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
(male)

beve123 HB User
candida cause of acne journal

i have had bad skin and breakouts for about 8-9 years now and just finished a third round of accutane and tried about every product out there and nothing seems to work that well. ive been so desperate i decided to see a naturopath and he did a food allergy test and i just today found out based on a point system my yeast allergy/ candida build up was a .9 which is one of the highest he has ever seen. He said the next highest he has seen in somone was like a .7, and he told me how candida and yeast build up is one of the main causes of acne so he put me on a few different pills with probiotics to kill all the yeast and candida in my body for the following two months and i have to avoid all the yeast causing stuff like beer which is gonna be horrible since i just turned 21 but im keeping a journal to let everyone know how this works out. so today is day one im just popping the first pills. ill give an update tommorrow

Old 02-04-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Re: candida cause of acne journal

Nautropath's are THE skin doctors!

I reckon your acne will go away. They know what they're talking about.
Basically the diet I follow/ed to rid myself of acne is along the lines of ridding candida and bacteria.

It really works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
(male)

kdogg HB User

i completely agree with what your doing and ill be following this journal.......i believe candida overgrowth is a huge factor in acne...and all the antiboitics we consume dont help either!!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
(male)

beve123 HB User

ok so i just finished day 3 of taking all the pills.. to give more detail the pills are phytostan: caprylic acid with cofactors, which i take 2 pills 3x a day and then hlc high potency capsules which is the probiotics and i take 1x only before bedtime. I also follow a gluton and wheat free diet and also dont eat anything containing yeast to help speed up the process like the doctor said. The end of day 3 though - my body feels week and i feel horrible. i have muscle pains and my skin broke out more within day 2 and 3. I talked to my doctor though and he said that is actually good because it means the pills and system i am on is working to rid my body of the candida. Apparently when you have bad candida and yeast overgrowth and start to rid it, all the toxins that are built up are breaking up from where they are and your body is overloaded with the toxins. the doctor explained it in more detail but he said this is normal for the first week and the toxins are slowly leaving my body. As for the worsening of the skin he said this is also perfectly normal for the first week because the toxins are leaving the body and will try to escape through the pores and will get better within the following week. So as of right now i feel terrible but the good news is everything he said so far is going exactly as he said it would which means hopefully in another week or two everything will start to get better. If anyone wondering the way to find out if u do have candida overgrowth is get a food allergy test. normal test for yeast ranges from .00 - .19. anything above that is bad and my test came back a .92 which is one of the worst cases the doctor said he has seen so ill continue to keep everyone updated as i continue this routine.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:39 PM   #5
(male)

Abbath HB User

I've recently bought some Candida Cleanse, I was looking pretty good before I started taking these pills. The very SAME DAY I started to look really bad... I'm guessing it's good. Sure seems to be expelling toxins very quickly. I'm just very upset that I was looking so good, now I have to go through this to get better. Mehhhh. Hope this works, I've noticed I have all the symptoms of Candida, so... hmm.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Congratualtions to everyone for getting to the root of their acne problems. Good luck to all of you.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
(female)

shell-shell HB User

Candida is tough to beat. It is not impossible. I am just now coming of off the candida diet. It took me about 2 months to get it under control. I ate sugar for the first time the other day without suffering from the usual itchy skin and breakouts. My skin is clear now but I have the red souvenier marks from the breakouts. Fortunately they are flat red spots and not picky looking.
I swear by the probiotics. They are awesome and the garlic really helps.
It really helps to get in the habit of cleansing, toning and moisturizing. I found that the candida seems to mess up your ph balance (or maybe it just seems that way to me) but when your skin is ph balanced breakouts are rare. Hope this helps. I wish you the best!!

Shell-Shell

Old 02-27-2006, 06:09 AM   #8
(female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

My sister had had a small acne problem for yrs. then it suddenly got much worse about 2 yrs. ago. After seeing a derm. with no luck, her regular dr. figured out the problem- she had a staph infection in her skin! So, it sounds to me like you were very lucky to find someone who can look past the "you just have bad skin" and get to the source of the problem. Good luck with your treatment! I hope it goes as planned and you feel better soon.

Closed Thread