It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
(male)

johnny8888 HB User
causes for candida other than hiv?

I had a hi risk exposure and tested neg. at 3 months and again at 6 months ,But i still have candida and a mild sore throat , is there causes other than hiv for this in a young healthy adult. Or should i re-test for hiv.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User
Re: causes for candida other than hiv?

there are a number of causes of cadidiasis including anitbiotics, vaginal infection, stress, etc. You may want to go on line to google candidiasis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
(male)

johnny8888 HB User

thanks for the reply cflas ,do you think if hiv caused my candida that my ELISA test would of came back poz.

Old 05-08-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

I think if you were tested and the test were positive then you'd have HIV. However, please remember that a symptom is only a symtom and not a diagnosis. There are tons of reasons for candidiasis. I think if you were negtive on your ELisa and your Western Blot and it was sufficient time (13 weeks post exposure), then you'd be negative for the disease. chris

Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

chadster1041 HB User

I will help on this one since I have been diagnoised with Esophagus Candidsas Oh yeah I am HIV POZ Too!. You can get this disease from a low immune system. DUH... I am not being funny!Your body protects you against common fungus's and such. If you are a heavy drinker, stressor, use a lot of antibiotics....the list goes on and on and on you can get Candidsas. Let me add that I have read 15 websites, and this is a AIDS defining illness. Don't freak out alright. Until you know you don't know okay, if your POZ there is concern if not GET A DARN TEST. AIDS doesn't happen for quite sometime into the illness, Candidsas is a AIDS defining illness. SO they say...... check your nutrition(are you eating enough of HEALTHY foods) are you on Anit-Biotics?????? Anti-Depressants can cause dry mouth which leads to Candidsas too which causes THRUSH (MAYO CLINIC Doc)Anyways, Please just go in and talk to your DOC okay. Ease your mind and decrease your Anxiety...if our not POZ don't waste our time, if you are much concern. These folks on this site have taken the time to get a test and ease THEIR minds, not our's. Please DECREASE your stress and Anxiety okay Get Tested if you think you might be POZ. It will ssoooooo improve your life. Thanks

Old 05-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #6
(male)

johnny8888 HB User

Thanks for the reply chad , i have been checked twice once at three months and at six months , Im not trying to waste anyones time , im just trying to figure out this candida thing and the suspicous timing, I dont know if i should get checked for a third time at the 1 year point or if i should get meds for the candida, and if candida was a cause of hiv shouldn't the ELISA test came back poz ???
or maybe i have a weak strain ???

Old 05-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
(male)

johnny8888 HB User

Sorry Chad it's me again , whan you say AIDS is a defying illness of candida ,
Which comes first hiv or candida ???

Closed Thread