It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
(female)

earle HB User
if you treat candida, you can't treat lyme? true or false?

hi ya'll. i haven't posted much as i've pretty much been wiped out. here's a brief recap.

my tongue was a mess and throat was closing up, sore, so at llmd appt, she says you have thrush and candida. stop the amoxy (which i was taking 3 times a day) and take this lozenge every 4 hours (sorry can't remember what it was). well the lozenge caused my throat to close up on me and i couldn't breathe (allergic to another drug!! so my pharmacist says stop immediately even tho it's a mild reaction, next time could be fatal) so i stop and call her. she says ok, here take nystatin liquid which i swish around and spit out 3 times a day and take this diflucan for one week every day, then weekly for 3 weeks. duh,, ok....

so it's been several weeks with no amoxy and my eyes are killing me. the creepy crawling sensation is back and my vision is blurring. my neck is sooo hot, it radiates at night and the ear ringing is terrible. no sleep for the wicked.

i'm at wit's end. she says you can't treat candida and lyme at the same time, get rid of the yeast first. well, crap, my lyme is getting worse. she says absolutely no sugar, nada, zilchg, nothing.

man, that is next to impossible for me. i mean really hard.

so what can i do to treat my lyme as she says she is not going to renew my amox or diflucan. how the heck can i get better if she won't treat either one?

i'm ready to just uh, get real unhappy with this llmd.........

somebody said start taking samento a couple of times a day. i'm doing detox but it doesn't seem to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB Userjojo HB User
Re: if you treat candida, you can't treat lyme? true or false?

Candida is the least of your problems.....Think I would be finding another doctor....and you can by your self get your yeast under control....when you take antibiotics one should really stay away from white flour and Sugar....at this point if you are on noooooo antibiotics and are feeling worse I would fnd a doctor to treat you...Or possibly try the route Jeanne (Wackowoman) and Denise went.....the alternative ...Dr. Jernigans portocol....They both seem to be having great success with that....Sorry you have run into a wall...Don't give up....Pick yourself up and try another route.....GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 07-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #3
(female)

earle HB User

i read his book but i must not be thinking clearly. just exactly what is his protocol? pale spike lobelia and cns capsules or something.

can someone explain please? if i consider doing this, can i just call them and throw myself on their mercy or what???

Old 07-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

I aggree with what the others have suggested, Dr. Jernigans protocol.

I would hit Lyme with Andrographis first, and detox daily.
But for the thrush issue I would look into a product by the name of Three lac Candida defense.

It's true that if you are using an antibiotic to kill Lyme bacteria, it is causing an imbalance of the bacteria you do need, but I found Andrographis to work much better for me in killing the bacteria. While antibiotic works to destroy the bacteria directly, andrographis powers up your immune system and pushes the bacteria from your body. It does not kill the bacteria you need and will prevent thrush issues.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

6Blues HB User6Blues HB User6Blues HB User

I treated both at the same time, however I didn't have as bad a yeast problem as you have.

I did the zero sugar thing. I injested zero carbs for 30 days straight. yes, it was hard (I didn't even chew gum) but when you are so sick, its worth fighting and doing the tough things to get better. I know when you are sick the last thing you need is a full time job managing your illness on top of everything else - but hang in there!!

Unfortunately, the zero carb did nothing for me. BUT -- I have heard others say that they felt a great improvement in a matter of days.

Cutting out all sugars will starve the yeast and they will die. I would strongly suggest you immediately stop those sugars.

Good luck and don't take any crap from any doctors.

Hang in there!

Closed Thread