It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

Yikes777 HB User
Candida: Fact or...?

I am seeing an Allergist who combines traditional allergy testing and treatment with some alternative therapy. He had me give a stool sample which I mailed to a lab. and the results were that I have a candidia problem. He gave me some probiotics to take and prescribed me Diflucan (spelling?). He claims that alot of my symptoms are being caused by the candida, which can cause many odd symptoms.

I have gained alot of respect for some alternative treatments, but have heard that candida is not the big bad wolf we are told it is. I have also read that it is.

I'm open minded, but lean toward being a little bit sceptical on this one.

Does anyone have any experience with this and what can be done for it?

I have suffered from sinus/allergy issies with frequent come-and-go low grade fevers, fatigue and odd weekness and fatigue with a bitter/metallic taste in my mouth from time to time and full ears. I have had moderate to severe vertigo from time to time. After much medical testing is still a mystery to the Doc's until I met this Doctor.

Thanks for any help!

Jack

Old 08-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Concerned Male HB User
Re: Candida: Fact or...?

Hey,
I wanted to up this thread for you. Cause there has been a lot of talk about Candida at this forum before, so hopefully somebody will reply back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

Lucky you, that you found an allergist who uses alternative medicine. My daughter's allergist is useless but her alternative doctor is helping her get well. My daughter also had that stool test and she had yeast also plus really messed up normal flora. She is taking "food allergy shots" (LDA) and in order for it to work well she had to take an antifungal before and after. Her allergies were never better while she was taking that med! All of your immune cells are in your gut so if it isn't healthy your allergies will bother you. Good Luck!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I get a yeast/candida problem every time I take an antibiotic for 5 days or more. I have used anti-fungal drugs, probiotic supplements, yogurt, kefir and OTC remedies.

Yeast infections happen under people's nail, seen in the mouth -- know as thrush and females have vaginal yeast problems -- all these are easily seen and tested for --

I think it is only logical that yeast/candida normally present in your GI tract can become out of balance for many reasons not just antibiotics -- The problem is candida is always present in your system but balanced-- and testing for too much is not an easy test -- not many Labs conduct a stool test and no simple blood or urine tests are available.

So, most doctors discount it but the warning for all antibiotics as a side-effect is that it will mess up your intestinal bacteria balance-- well if it does then how do you ID it and cure it.

A good Doctor goes by symptoms and goes the extra mile and gets some tests run. AND treats the problem.

Anti fungal drugs--like Nystatin, Nizoral, Sporanox and Diflucan were developed for and are commonly used to re-establish balance of intestinal flora. For female vaginal yeast infection it only take 1 -- 150 mgm Diflucan dose to cure it.

There are some good books written about Candidiasis and Yeast problems and how it should be treated-- I think the first ones were written over 20 year ago -- "The Yeast Connection"-- by Dr. William Crook,Md and "The Yeast Syndrome" By Dr John Trowbrige,MD. I have read both and others and I certainly am convinced yeast problems are real and if not treated properly are difficult to get rid of..>>>

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-17-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Closed Thread