It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

cherman HB User
Candida

What can you take to help get rid of candida besides the diet? How long does it take to get rid of this and get back to being normal? I got it from taking to many antibotics. and probably stress. Also if anyone else is on the diet what do you eat for breakfast? Thanks Cherman

Old 09-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
(male)

Barrygood HB User
Thumbs up Re: Candida

Candida is difficult to eliminate and even more so if you have Diabetes. There are a number of things that will be helpful:
1. If you do have Diabetes, reduce High Blood Sugar Levels.
2. Reduce the amount of Sugar in all forms that you eat.
3. Wash sheets,towels and underwear that you have used and are using in very hot water with some Bleach along with your regular detergent.
4. See a Dermatologist if you have not.
5. Use the Anti-Fungal medications daily(Topical) that have been prescribed to you if you have Candida Albicans on your skin or other membrane parts. If you have Internal Fungus then use the course of medication prescribed to you. Keep in mind that the oral medications are or can be toxic to the Liver....so avoid alcohol and Tylenol (acetaminophen) during this time.
6. Avoid high temperature environments.
7. Avoid Intimacy w/the person who you had contracted the Candida from, if this was the case.

Last edited by Barrygood; 09-17-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

lottietrotter HB User
Re: Candida

gfhgfgcbcvbc

Last edited by lottietrotter; 07-04-2008 at 01:26 AM.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
(female)

cherman HB User

has anyone ever used the cleansing stuff that you find in health food store to help clean your body of candida?

Old 09-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

I have and it helps a lot (antifungals) but doesn't completely fix it. (I haven't eaten white sugar or other refined sugar for over a year). Then I did Cleanse Smart cleanse along with Swedish bitters and ate Kefir(friendly yeast) and things got better still but their was still thrush on my tongue. I learned through more research that mercury amalgams cause candida overgrowth because they bind to mercury and somehow protect us from the metals. This made me think I was stuck with white tongue until I'm rich enough to replace the fillings.

But I found out more about candida. It gives off about a hundred toxins, even formaldehyde. These build up in the body. The things that remove these toxins are:
N-Acetyl-Cysteine 400mg/day
Pantethine 300mg/day
Niacinamide 500mg/day
Biotin 5000mcg/day (Stops yeast from turning into fungal form)
Zinc/molybdenum/copper (which I get via a full multivitamin/mineral complex)

Several days after starting the yeast toxin removers I smelled better and their was a lot less white coating on the tongue.

A few months later I bought a probiotic cheese powder for my cats teeth. When I read the ingredients I saw it contained chromium yeast and lactobacillus salivarius...When their teeth got cleaner from Denta Treat (Wysong Pet Food) I looked up those items. Chromium yeast keeps blood sugar stable and fights candida. L. salivarius resides in our mouths. It is not put in yogurt or any probiotic capsules. But it is in a few products new to North America that dissolve in the mouth and are based on new research about bad breath and the bacteria in healthy mouths vs. bad breath mouths. One is Super 5 Probiotics by Udo Erasmus and the other is Australian K2 Breeze lozenges.

I started eating a spoonful of the Denta Treat to help balance my mouth flora. I'm buying Udo's Super 5 lozenge in a few weeks. Now I think the key to intestinal flora health is in starting with the mouth. Some of the lozenge bacteria populates the saliva, other strains attach to the esophogus and a few more will stop in the stomach and populate their, and another goes on to the intestines. Great logic to these lozenge products. Lactobacillus salivarius and enterococcus salivarius ought to be put in yogurt. It'd be logical.

Last edited by gort; 09-18-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

Yeast, including, candida thrives on sugary foods including simple carbs so it really has to be reduce and is some people completely eliminated to bring candida in balance. If your body's pH is upset-- the friendly bacteria --- like the lactobacilli that normally metabolizes sugars cannot thrive and function properly to do their job-- resulting in an too much candida albicans that really grow in a sugary environment.

Everyone has candida in their gastro system-- it is just when it gets out of balance that it causes the symptoms of Candidiasis. And, it can be difficult to re-balance for some people.

I have found several probiotic supplements really help--Pearls by Enzymatic Therapy and Culturelle and eating a good brand of plain yogurt that contains additional cultures in addition to the 2 that all yogurt is made.

Kefir is also loaded with many friendly lactobacillus bacteria.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
(female)

cherman HB User

Where do you get kefir?

Old 09-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

Kefir is similar to yogurt but not as thick. It has about 7 different strains of bacteria and friendly yeast that fight bad yeast. Health stores and organic grocers carry it beside the yogurt and other dairy stuff. Some are in jars that you pay a deposit on.

Old 09-19-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
(male)

Mr. Natural HB User

Another thing you could try is organic raw milk. Raw milk has a lot of beneficial bacteria like acidopholus that helps keep the bad bacteria in check. I think the name of the cleanse you can take that helps with Candida is called "Candida gone". I forgot the name of the company...but it comes from a long line of cleanses that also has one called "Heavy metal cleanse" and one called "First cleanse", etc.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:56 PM   #10
(female)

tissie1 HB User

Has anyone heard of using ThreeLac this is all over the web as being the best product to beat it. I am just reading about it right now. It is a bit expensive and they sell other products of course like enzymes and such along with it.

This all started with a sinus infection and acid reflux and now I just can't get rid of it! My tougne is white! I am so sick of feeling so crappy all the time!

Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have used ThreeLac and alot of hype but very little results.

Harry

Old 09-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #12
(female)

tissie1 HB User

Thanks Harry!

I probably won't waste the money there then... I will try some other items mentioned on the board.

There are so many things being sold out there! It makes my head spin!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:40 AM   #13
(female)

cherman HB User

Has anyone ever tried Candidase? Its selling off the shelves can't keep it stocked must be good any one using it?

Old 09-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #14
(female)

Carolthumm HB User

Grapefruit seed extract can be found in the health food store as drops or capsules and will kill parasites and fungus.

Also, caprilic acid in capsule form was recommended by my naturepath.

You feel worse for a while, burping, passing gas, etc. for a while. This is a sign that it is working

Old 09-27-2006, 03:34 AM   #15
Inactive
(male)

ratboy83 HB User

hi cherman,

there are several different factors involved in the treatment of candida. as you mentioned, it is important to make changes to one's diet (no refined sugar, no dried fruits, only organic meat, no yeast, no mould producing foods, no cofee- including de-caf, keeping meals to a low-moderate GL), but also there are other factors. diet can work alone, in time, but combining an anti-candida diet with supplements can increase the rate of success.

1) immune system.
under normal circumstances an overgrowth of candida would be kept in check by a healthy immune system. however, if it is weakened (poor diet, stress of either a physical or psychological nature, etc.) then candida can proliferate more easily in the body. it is therefore important to strengthen the immune system, not only through good nutrition and lifestyle, but through supplements/ alternative medicine. the two options that spring to mind are either tea tree oil essential oil or the herb goldenseal root. these are both immune system stimulants and potent anti-fungal agents. alternatively, if stress is still a factor (you mentioned it had been originally) then a better choice still would be lavender essential oil. it is again a good immuno-stimulant and anti-fungal but also popularly known for its stress reducing qualities.

2) replenish healthy bacteria.
another factor in candida overgrowth is an imbalance between the good and bad bacteria in the body. normally the existance of healthy bacterial flora in the gut prevents the overgrowth of candida. the existence of healthy intestinal flora also encourages healthy immunity. if the level of good bacteria in the gut is reduced for some reason (in your case through the use of anti-biotics) then candida has the opportunity to colonise the gut in numbers it wouldn't normally have the opportunity to do so. it is therefore imperitive to replenish levels of good bacteria in the body. eating live yoghurt and kifir are effective measures but bare in mind that these only provide levels of bacteria in millions per serving. the severity of the situation probably warrants the use of pro-biotoic supplements alongside the dietary sources of friendly bacteria, as these typically provide levels in billions per capsule. choose a supplement that is enteric coated (resistant to stomach acid) to ensure that a good level of bacteria survives past the stomach, and also has pre-biotics alongside (these help to encourage the growth of good bacteria).

3) anti-fungal agent.
in time, boosting the immune system and repelenishing levels of healthy bacteria will have the effect alone of gradually reducing candida levels. however, using an effective anti-fungal agent alogside will speed the whole process up. if there is an agent directly eliminating levels of candida, then it will make it easier for healthy bacteria to recolonise in the candida's place, and then in turn further reduce levels further. look at it as a positive upward spiral of success. as mentioned previously, normally the existance of healthy intestinal flora in the gut keeps candida levels in check. this occurs through the healthy bacteria producing a substance known as Capryllic Acid. if levels of healthy bacteria have been depleted for some reason then there is no longer a natural source of capryillic acid production. it is therefore necessary to provide an alternative source of capryllic acid to tackle the candida until the levels of healthy bacteria impoves to a sufficient level. this can be done through the use of capryllic acid supplements. after a course of pro-biotics for several months, the capryllic acid can be discontinued.

hope this helps ,

alex.

Last edited by ratboy83; 09-27-2006 at 03:38 AM.

Closed Thread