It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User
New doc said "candida" - questions re: dx, nystatin, etc

I saw a new doc who, after I answered some questions, declared "Candida" and proceeded to tell me to buy a book, Nystatin, and Probiotics - all from him, of course. (He also wanted me to buy a 3 step detox system, but I said NO!)

I've got some symptoms of Candida, but before I endure the "Can't Eat It" diet & take Nystatin I'd like to talk to people like you!

I've got some fungus on my toenails, and some strange rashes that probably are in fact fungal. These rashes come & go, but last weeks at a time. I did take antibiotics for acne a few years ago, and BC Pills for years. I've never had a yeast infection or oral thrush. I used to have a lot of diarreah but that has gone away since I stopped gorging on processed foods & drinking hard alcohol.

Is the Nystatin dangerous? I was told that I can take it with ANYTHING, and not worry. Is this true? He gave me a powder form to let sit in my mouth for a bit, then swallow. (I cannot swallow pills for years now.. phobia thang!)

The probiotic he have me had a chemical additive (some flourosaccharides, I think). I took one tiny dose & had cramps all day. So - that's out the window.... I'd have to go buy new ones.

The fact that he insisted I buy all this stuff directly from him, and the fact that he gave me probiotics with chemical additives - well, I don't trust his knowledge all that well now.

I saw on another post about the saliva in water test first thing in the a.m. Are there any other tests for candida?

Also, could Candida cause heart palpitations? I've been having them EVERY day for a long time.

Thanks for reading this long post, and I appreciate any help you can give me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: New doc said "candida" - questions re: dx, nystatin, etc

Nystatin is a good safe drug to kill an intestinal fungus infection like Candida in the Gastro Tract --
Because of the large size of the Nistatin molecules --It is not absorbed in the GI tract wall linlng. But, start off with a very small amout.
The die-off reaction of alot of fungii / Candida that is absorbed is like flu symptoms -- you will ache all over if you do too much.

You have to re-balance bacteria that are normally present in your GI system --- starting with your mouth all the way to your rectum.

You just have to take it slow with any anti- candida treatment so you really don't feel bad even with probiotics supplements.

Eating a good brand of yogurt w/many active cultures and Kefir is very healthy and will help re-establish your friendly intestinal bacteria.

I wish you well ~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 10-16-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
(male)

cappy77 HB User

Has anybody tried Candida Cleanse from Rainbow Light? Just started taking it and wondered if anybody has or if there is a better product out there.

thanks

Old 10-18-2006, 04:30 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zosolizard HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Nystatin is a good safe drug to kill an intestinal fungus infection like Candida in the Gastro Tract --
Because of the large size of the Nistatin molecules --It is not absorbed in the GI tract wall linlng. But, start off with a very small amout.
The die-off reaction of alot of fungii / Candida that is absorbed is like flu symptoms -- you will ache all over if you do too much.

You have to re-balance bacteria that are normally present in your GI system --- starting with your mouth all the way to your rectum.

You just have to take it slow with any anti- candida treatment so you really don't feel bad even with probiotics supplements.

Eating a good brand of yogurt w/many active cultures and Kefir is very healthy and will help re-establish your friendly intestinal bacteria.

I wish you well ~~~Harry
Hello Harry,
Thank you so much for your help! Not too many people seem to know a lot about candida, nystatin & such - so I'm glad to have found you.

I'll definitely follow your advice! Again, Thanks!

Closed Thread