It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 06:51 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User
candida in sputum sample

Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

My Aunt, who is 47, has had recurrent infections in her chest for about the past 4 months. She has been on about 15 courses of antibiotics and each time she feels better for about a week and then it comes back.

The doctor has told her that her lung and chest tests so far seem normal with just some inflammation in the chest but have scheduled her to have a pulmonary function test on 23rd Jan, and then a CT scan, which she doesn't have a date for.

She has had numerous sputum samples (I am not too sure what this is) and her last one, which she got the results for today, says that she has the candida infection. I take it this means it is in her lungs.

Has anyone had any experience with this or know what this could mean?

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User
Re: candida in sputum sample

thanks for all the help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Howitt44 HB User
Re: candida in sputum sample

Candida is a yeast fungus and usually shows up in women as a vaginal infection. However, it can be a problem in other areas also. There are treatments for this. I don't think antibiotics will help. If you do a word search you will get more information than I have room for here. But the good news is: it is treatable. This is a bit controversial with traditional western medicine, but candida is caused by bad diet: to much sugar and starches and it grows in our organs. Some people have the lung problems like your aunt, some people have vaginal yeast infections and some people have arthritis type symptoms. Fungus can attach itself anywhere. There are many supplements and herbs that can help. The doctor might prescribe an internal anitfungal medication but your aunt can also benefit from changes in her diet. Hope this helps.
cindy

Closed Thread