It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
(male)

kmlong HB User
candida

just wondering has anyone treated themselved for candida? I've read that caprylic acid will kill off abundant candida. i just wonder if this could be some of my problem. In the last couple months i have had more than my share of different wines along with cheese. While i've not had a drink for almost 3 weeks i can't help but wonder with all that yeast consumption if i'm a candidate or not. I'm sure the alcohol itself is probly what started the GERD to begin with and the esophagus pain. I couldn't even drink a glass of wine right now with the shape i'm in, it would hurt too bad!! I've started up on probiotics. will that along with starving the candida kill it? the only other thing i need checked would be H.pylori and they'll do that when i get my endoscopy. It would be great if the GERD was because of one of those two things. I remain skeptical that it's that easy though!!! How long would a bad case of candida go after cutting off it's supply and treating it?

Last edited by kmlong; 03-06-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: candida

To completely cut off candida you would need to go on a crazy diet. There are a few supplements you can take to rid yourself of candida. You can try pau'darco, garlic, black walnut, oil of oreagano, and yes the caprylic acid. There are many products for candida that contain multiple ingredients in them. Taking probiotics and some other candida fighting supplements should help. It may take a while though. I just started taking acidophilus to help with my heartburn, and so far it seems to help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread