It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

luvmymaltipoo HB User
Yeast Infection!!! Candida overload?

To make a long story even longer, since January I have had a yeast infection. I am sure it was because I went to the gyno and she confirmed it. Not to mention I always had them in college and took Monistat constantly. I complained to the gyno that the monistat wasn't working anymore, so she gave me Diflucan. I took it twice and it didn't work either! So, I convince myself I had BV and took Flagyl, which I know now I didn't have, but at the time was confused since the yeast was not going away! So, I went to a different gyno and said I still have yeast and gave me homepathic suggestions. She told me to stick to taking acidophillus and watch my carbs/ sugar. I am starting to feel better but I am convinced I have an overgrowth of candida and that the yeast is a symptom of this. I also noticed over the past few years that I have developed allergies, hayfever, eczema, anxiety, to name a few...all symptoms of candida. My question is...besides the acidphillus and I am also taking Threelac ( a candida fighter) is there any other good advice? Has anyone tried Rephresh? Any advice to help with the yeast/candida would be helpful!!

Old 03-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User
Re: Yeast Infection!!! Candida overload?

Your diet may be the cause. Yeast infections are fed by carbohydrates, sugars, yeast and fermented foods. Most people who have yeast infection don't realize they are feeding it on a daily basis. Do not eat cooked or fresh fruit with other food because it spoils and ferments in the stomach. Fresh fruit when eaten alone will not ferment. Carbohydrates will ferment if eaten with proteins.

In a nut shell avoid,Alcohol, Animal fats ,Caffeine ,Dairy products ,Fast foods ,Hydrogenated oils and margarine ,
Processed foods ,Junk foods ,Sugar ,White flour products .

Wipe from front to back after bowel movements, avoid bubble baths, Don't use anything with fragrances for down there.

If you use birth contorl pills they could contribute to youe infections as well.

Jenteal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
(female)

help wanted :( HB User

lovemymaltipoo- are you having any luck with the threelac? im having the same problmes and thought about trying it but its so expensive

Old 04-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

The only help I can be is with the rePHesh, I have tried it, I feel it works well balanceing out the vaginal PH.I HIGHLY believe you feed the yeast, when I have too much soda,or eat more sweets,or just more foods,I can tell "down there"It starts to feel "murky".So I guess the only answer is drink tons of water??!!,and ......fresh veggies?I wish I new EXACTLY what to eat.I considered buying "Yeast cleanser".I dont know anymore.I have been trying to lose weight for a few months now (including a gym)I bet the yeast has something to do with why I cannot lose the weight.What do you think>?????

Last edited by DNSX3; 04-21-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added something

Old 04-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

luvmymaltipoo HB User

Thanks so much for the response. I am starting to think my diet is definitely the culprit!

Old 04-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
(female)

luvmymaltipoo HB User

I don't think the threelac did too much to help so I stopped taking it. The best thing to make me feel better was the Rephresh. I also started taking Candex. So far, its gotten better, but has not gone! I will let you know how it goes!

Old 04-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #7
(female)

jupe HB User

ladies- men can get them- men can give it back to you- I went through it- for a long time- Dr's are in denial- they tell you men can't get them- but I found a dr to treat my partner and it never happened again.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

DNSX3 HB UserDNSX3 HB User

I personally like the rePHesh, it feels like it handles the problem immediately!Whenever I start feeling "yucky" down there, I use one!I can feel the differance quickly.

Closed Thread