It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Wild Oil of Oregano for Candida.

Does anyone know exactly what regimen should be followed in combating candida through the use of wild oil of oregano? As in how many drops per day, how many times per day, and for how long??? Any other advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Wild Oil of Oregano for Candida.

I take the Oreganol P73 gel caps. I use the extra strength. I think it says that there are 3 drops of oil in the gel cap. It hasn't helped my acid reflux or allergies at all. It has however cleared up any acne on my face and it allows my deodorant to last longer. I take one pill a day. I guess that's not enough. I would say start off with a low dosage. If you take the liquid then start with one to two drops. If that doesn't work gradually increase it. You probably shouldn't take more than 6 drops. I bought it to fix my acid reflux. Oh well. I'm gonna try olive leaf extract once I run out.

Last edited by Alagaesia; 04-29-2007 at 12:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

I had no luck at all with the stuff for a yeast infection

I used the oil, P73 Super Strength, six drops in a glass of water, three times a day, per the health food store's salesman. Did nothing but make my stomach hurt. By the third day, I just couldn't handle it anymore and saw my doctor for a prescription for yeast.

Like you, I found that dosage recommendations seemed to vary substantially depending on what online "expert" you're able to find. I found dosage recommendations ranging from 30 drops per day to zero, as some believe the stuff is toxic.

Hope you have better luck with it than I did.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #4
(male)

thebluedog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StenoLady1 View Post
I had no luck at all with the stuff for a yeast infection

I used the oil, P73 Super Strength, six drops in a glass of water, three times a day, per the health food store's salesman. Did nothing but make my stomach hurt. By the third day, I just couldn't handle it anymore and saw my doctor for a prescription for yeast.

Like you, I found that dosage recommendations seemed to vary substantially depending on what online "expert" you're able to find. I found dosage recommendations ranging from 30 drops per day to zero, as some believe the stuff is toxic.

Hope you have better luck with it than I did.
I also have tried oil of oregano. I used 2 to 4 drops per day. It seemed to help, but then I stopped b/c I developed a burning in my stomach. However, I was taking other supplements/herbs so I don't know if the oil of oregano was the cause. What stomach pains did it cause you?
Did your doctor treat you for yeast overgrowth? What are your symptoms? What prescription did he give you? Please let us know if it works for you.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

The pains felt like my upper intestines were on fire, with a particular focus on my left side, I'd say in the area between the bottom of my rib cage and where a kidney would be.

The stuff has STILL tarnished my taste for anything with oregano in it We tried a pork tenderloin the other night with a homemade marinade of chopped oregano and sage, and just the smell of it in the kitchen made me sick to my stomach.

I just had a yeast infection from a round of antibiotics, nothing long term or chronic. My symptoms were vaginal itching and abnormal discharge. The OTC yeast creams (Monistate, etc) gives me a horrible reaction, often worse than the yeast symptoms themselves, so I decided to try the health food store.

What my physician ended up prescribing me (over the phone, since I'd just finished the antibiotics he'd written for me) was Diflucan. One pill, infection cleared up.

Closed Thread