It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User
Question about Candida. Leaky gut.

Ok, this is for the people who have it, or had it for a long time., I know it causes constant bloating. But can it cause a very large stomach, as in fat? Like from men, ist a beer belly, (but may not drink beer) woman its pregnant.

I ask this because I have a very large stomach, just yesterday I was asked again if I was pregnant. And my stomach went down once I started Candida diet. But I still have it. I also ask because my mother also had a very large stomach, and the doctors said she was retaining water because they checked her liver and it was fine, and so is mine. they gave her meds for it, but it didn't work, it just got worse over the years. so it couldn't be retaining water. Her stomach was so big she looked 9 months pregnant. I only look a few months. She died of cancer that started in her lungs and went to her liver. But she never had any signs of cancer in her liver until the last year of her life. But I remember her last few days on earth asking the doctor at the hosptial to do something, and he said there is nothing we can do, just look at the size of her liver. He didn’t know her and I didn’t say anything but I wanted to say, she has had that for 10 years and the doctors didn’t know why. So I still think, it wasn’t her liver. She also started getting skin rashes before she died, and she never had allergies * I got all that from my dad* she used my cream, but I don’t know if it really worked.

My mother didn’t have time to research her health on the internet like I do. But I’m sure she had cadida, because she told me she had a lot of yeast infections. Which she told me is normal for girls. So what do you think? Am I on to something? does candida cause a huge stomach?

Last edited by miyu; 05-28-2007 at 04:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2007, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User
Re: Question about Candida. Leaky gut.

From my experience candidia can produce a large stomach somewhat like a beer belly due to the extra cortisol stress hormone, I am not exactally sure what happens or how it happens but from what I have read it does. I myself am really tiny so any stomach shows on me, since having Candidia I always looked 5 months pregnant but it was kind of like fat and bloat, hard to explain??? No fat anywhere else on my body but this big tummy looked out of place. I do think you could be onto something with you mom and from what I have learned yeast infections shouldn't be that common it is an underlying problem internally and needs to be fixed. I never had a yeast infection of any kind until a year ago and not until long hard research found out it was intestinal candidia, did I actually have improvements in health. If you read up on it, it can cause so many different things even enlarged liver and complete organ failure as well as cancer. I wonder how many people have this and don't know? It is something that can be fixed quite easily. I also read that 80% of the population in the USA has overgrowth at some point and if we just ate a better diet with some more fermented food for the good bacteria that we would not have the problem. Also they say the antibiotics in our meat, chicken and pork and what not seems to be adding to the problem. Read on the internet you would be amazed just what this can cause. I know for myself how much better I feel and the allergies are going away and every day there is something else I can eat and oh my tummy is almost flat again!

Old 05-28-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

charliemuffin HB User

i have a big stomach too, i always get asked if i'm pregnant or when i'm due. i've read on the internet that candida can cause a big stomach, or bc it stuffs up your colon w/ gunk, and your stomach gets big, something like that. i am horrible at explaining this as i've read this a long time ago, but the explanation made sense at the time, and it had to do w/ candida, your colon, ETC. [removed]

Last edited by mod-anon; 05-28-2007 at 11:24 PM. Reason: do not refer to commercial websites

Old 05-28-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

Yeah that is exactly it, I donít gain weight so much anywhere other then my stomach, and I was reading at my doctors office about the dangers of gaining weight in the stomach vs. Gaining weight in the body. It said the weight gain in the stomach is more life threatening and can be controlled with diet.

When I was in china, I was on a good diet and lost a lot of weight in my legs, face and arms, but just a little in my stomach, my stomach for some reason didnít go down. And with my mom during her last few months, she wouldnít eat, we had to give her nutrition drinks, thatís about all she ate, since she stopped eating you could see the bones in her hands, but her stomach was the same. Maybe even looked bigger because of the weight loss.

Cad: Thats amazing that you are becoming flat again, kind of like what Iím feeling, but I have never had a flat stomach, as a baby and child it was ďbaby fat, then as I got older, it just got bigger, just like my mother, only much much earlier. and I started getting yeast infections before I even hit puberty. But like you my mother never had them until later in life, (in her 20ís) but before her 20ís she also had a very flat stomach. So her stomach got bigger and bigger over a period of 20 years. IMO if it was candida that is way to long for someone to have it.
I donít know what a ďflat stomachĒ would be like. But I hope I will. I have also had this for way to long and when I complain how sick I am, I keep thinking, I sound a lot like my mother, Iím going through the early stages of what she was.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
(female)

charliemuffin HB User

i forgot to mention; while doing research about big stomachs, i remember reading that also, stress and cortisol causes big stomachs. i think heredity does too, bc a lot of ppl in my family have big stomachs; their fat is mostly located in the stomach. i've had mine since i was born i think. i saw a picture of myself when i was 3 and i was skinny but had the biggest pot belly out there.

as mentioned before, i think candida, yeast, leaky gut, a bad colon can cause it too. i read a book, that said if you do a colon cleanse, you can get a smaller stomach. but you have to be really careful how you do the colon cleanse. they say the colon gets stuffed up w/ a lot of gunk. but i don't really feel like doing it.

the only time when my stomach went down was when i lost weight, and ate super healthy. (but as if that lasted..hehe.)

they got these infomertials late nite on tv that says to take some cortisol reducing pills to get a smaller belly, but i don't wanna try that- enough medication for me already.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:06 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Miyu, I forget that after my daughter got better her stomach went flat too. Before she had always had a belly. Are you constipated?

Old 05-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

Sannah quick question for you. Now that you have the yeast under control and you digestive flora is balanced do you have to stick closley to the anti candidia diet or can you eat a fairly balanced diet now. When I knew this what what I had I started on the candidia diet no sugar grains or dairy wine beer or fruit. I did try ceeal only whole grain high fiber cereal last week and it went over well but I don't want to push it until it is completely gone. I also rea you should avoid all foods that caused you problems for at least 4 to 6 months after the candidia is all cleared up. What is your experience and opinion on this? I do miss my nice glass of red wine, cheese and nice piece of warm french bread.!!!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cad, my candida imbalance was only due to the antifungals that I had to take to get the LDA shot. I only had it for a few weeks.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

Oh lucky you Sannah, wish it was only a few weeks for me I think I have had this for 2 years and have been treating it now for 2 months, will it ever end?????

Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cad, my daughter needed more than just probiotics because yeast was the least of her problem. She had the stool examination/culture done and she was messed up in every way (no beneficial bacteria and all bad). Was it antibiotics and pregnancy which got you here and you were fine before?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:01 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

Quote:
Miyu, I forget that after my daughter got better her stomach went flat too. Before she had always had a belly. Are you constipated?
Wow, funny you ask, because this Friday I think I’m going to talk to my doctor about this. I do not get constipated, but the other way, I get diarrhea all the time. And when I do not have diarrhea, my poo has a funny unhealthy look about it. I’m not sure how you said the antifungal caused a fungal infection. Wouldn’t the antifungal kill Candida? Could you please explain what happened, so I can have a better understanding of this?

My candida seems to have improved, I did a spit test and for 1 hour nothing happened, it just sat up top, like healthy spit, but my tong was still a little white, and I’m still bloated after I eat. I think I might need to slow down, or eat less, or I may still need to keep away from foods that cause intolerance, because I have such bad allergies, maybe certain foods is something I should always stay away from.

But I have only been on a pro-biotic and CandiGone3 for about a week and it said it is a 15 day to one month cleansing system. I take 2 pills in the morning and 20 drops on my toung and 2 pills in the evening, and 20 drops as well. it contains:
Uva ursi leaf 150mg
Garlic bulb 75 mg
Caprylic asid 75mg
Grapefruit seed extract 38 mg
Pau D’Arca Root bark 38mg
Barberry root 25mg
Neem leaf 25mg
Olive leaf extract 25mg
Berberin sulfate 12.5 mg
No dairy, wheat gluten soy, corn yeast animal products or additives or preservatives.

Last edited by miyu; 05-30-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Miyu, maybe you have more going on then just Candida. This was the least of my daughter's problems. All of her normal flora was a mess (no good, all bad). My daughter took Uvi Ursi for her leaky gut! They wanted her to take the caprillic acid but it upset her stomach too much.

I found this info on the net, not from my doc. The doc on the net said that antifungals kill good and bad yeast so that you have no good yeast left to keep out the bad. The bad took over.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

Sannah, yes the antibiotics and pregnancy brought me to this point funny thing is it all started with a urinary track infection, that antibiotic just wiped me out and then I just kept getting more UTI infections not knowing just what it was doing to my system, taking more antibiotics and getting worse who knew. Then I got pregnant with my second baby and was sick the entire pregnancy with morning sickness and horrible sugar cravings as well as more urinary track infections, so more antibiotics. Bed rest at 7 months due to low amniotic fluid emergency c- section at 37 weeks and a huge does of more antibiotics. But a very healthy happy baby, but I can't help but wonder if I had the yeast over growth before I got pregnant and that it caused some of my pregnancy problems????? Now I am just trying to dig myself out of this and get better, I think I had it very bad as the spit test was just awful, now it is getting a bit better but I am sure it will be a long road yet.

Miyu
So glad that you are doing well If your saliva test is clearing up so well like you are on the right track and not as bad of a problem as you once thought. I will have to try what you have because I still have jellyfish legs and cloudy saliva in my glass and just think that is so much better than it was, guess I am in for the long haul..... I just started the candidia free diet again for another round and see if I can't kick that yeasties butt!!!!! Wish me luck.
Miyu you must have true allergies then and not ones form leaky gut or you allergies are from the aftermath of the yeast and form what I understand can take up to 6 months to heal and get over, which ever at least you yeast is under control!

Old 05-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cad, whenever I was pregnant I would get vaginosis. I could not keep my vaginal normal flora in balance whenever I was pregnant. (I was fine otherwise and only had one vaginal yeast infection my whole life when I was around 18). My first child was a C-section. She only has inhaled allergies. My second daughter was a vaginal birth and her normal flora was mess from birth with allergies to everything. I read that vaginal delivery children pick up a lot of normal flora in the birth canal and that C-section children pick it up from the delivery room. Interesting huh...

Old 05-30-2007, 10:31 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

weird...
lol I just did a spit test on my roomate and she has candida, like me in a few seconds her spit srtarted to string, all the way to the bottom. but she doesn't want to change her diet. she said she has a yeast infection becasue its that time of the month, I told her its not normal to ever have a yeast infection. I'm gonna wait till "that time" is over and make her take another spit test. she is also under alot of stress too, and i know that don't help. I bet the stress you are under while being Pregnant, is one of the reasons so many people get candida too, and same with ďthat time of the monthĒ its stressful on our bodies, especially if we donít rest during those times. we lose so much blood and our body goes through other stuff too. Which a lot of woman work full time jobs. I totally donít believe it is good for a woman to put their body under that much stress.

Closed Thread