It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
(male)

Street Novelist HB User
Question Candida or Lyme? How Do You Know The Difference?

Lyme and Candida share the same symptoms. I was wondering how many people here have gluten/sugar cravings out the ***. I have been tested for Lyme over and over again using the Western Blot, only to have each test come back ambivalent. never positive, never negative. I did the Rocephin, doxy, flagyl..nothing. Doc has me on t4 and cortef for adrenal fatigue and low thyroid (morning temps usually 94-95 degrees upon waking). Been sick for 3 years now (I am a 22 year old male)...all started when I was dieting for a bodybuilding contest..was under massive amounts of stress

Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Candida or Lyme? How Do You Know The Difference?

Hi Street Novelist, welcome to the board!

I am sorry you have been sick for so long. Have you seen a Lyme doctor?

Were you tested for the co-infections ticks can transmit--Babesiosis, two types of Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplamsa? If you have was it recently? Sometimes when treatment does not progress it is because of co-infections.

Thyroid disorders can also cause a lot of symptoms. Do you feel your thyroid treatment is optimal? This can take time. Some people, including myself, have Lyme and a thyroid disorder. When were your levels last checked?

Do you have a copy of your Western Blot? Was it done at IgeneX Lab in Palo Alto, CA? The CDC requires several bands to show for it to be considered positive, but many people who have Lyme do not have this many bands. Lyme doctors often look at which bands are present. Some are specific for Lyme.

I cannot really comment about yeast issues, maybe others can. Do you take high quality acidophilus at least two hours apart from your antibiotics?

Hang in there okay? With proper treatment, you can get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread