It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
(male)

chris1979 HB User
Possibly Candida?

Hi everyone

i'm just posting on here for some advice/feedback as i think i might have candida.

ok what leads me to think i might have it is that i have a lot of the symptoms that i've read, inc mood swings, hypoglycemia, foggy/confused thinking (big issue, this can affect me for 2 days) and sugar cravings, amongst others.

i realise this might not be candida and might be a food intolerance (have posted in Allergies about this) or a mental health problem (i've been depressed for some time, but it's on the whole better but i still get mood swings and depression and very tired)

I took a caprylic acid yesterday and all day today i've had a pretty bad headache, and felt v tired - i never get headaches usually, maybe i get one a year. i heard coconut oil kills candida too, i took a spoonful last week and i got a bad headache the day after.

i'm just wondering - does it sound like i may have candida, or maybe just a bad reaction to coconut oil or caprylic acid (which i understand is part of coconut oil).?

interestingly i took coconut oil about 18 months ago to try to help with with weight loss and i don't remember it ever making me feel bad at all.

thanks to anyone who reads and replies to this and shares their advice or experiences

Chris

Old 03-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Possibly Candida?

Hi Chris, a headache is one of the symptoms of the die off reaction. Have you heard of this? I was also treated for a yeast overgrowth and I had some bad die off reactions. Mine was mostly chills. My doc told me to take some charcoal pills to absorb the toxins that the dying yeast were releasing. This worked really well for me. The die off lasts about a week until enough yeast have died so that not so much toxin is released anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread