It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #46
(female)

tcmalt HB User
Re: Candida and Supplements--opinions appreciated

Hi mmee-
I didn't know that candida could clog up the veins...that may be why my veins are bulging...b/c it happened after I had a white tongue. I've probably had candida for years b/c I was on birth control for about 10 years, antibiotics for mild acne for a few years, and I took antibiotics 4-6 times a year due to chronic sinus infections. I didn't know I had it or even what it was until my dr. told me I had it after looking at my tongue. I was on vacation in the spring and got sick and ended up taking a 3 day dose of the antibiotic levaquin which I'd never taken before. After coming home I couldn't stop getting colds and kept going in to see my dr. It was then that he recognized I had candida...I was getting it under control until we had a stressful family episode and it all came back and worse than ever. It's been about 2 mos. since then. My dr. said stress creates even more yeast than sugar.

I've never had an ANA test? What is that? I'm scared I won't get my candida under control. There is so much information out there and I don't know what to believe. I have been reading now they're thinking candida may be linked to autoimmune diseases as well as cancer. Has your dr. put you on a special diet too? Are you taking anti-fungals as well?

Last edited by tcmalt; 08-30-2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: wrong word used

Old 08-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #47
(female)

tcmalt HB User

Hi mmee--
Forgot to mention I don't have a rapid heart rate or skipping of beats nor do I have high blood pressure (although I haven't had it checked for a few months).

What kind of test did you have done to determine you had candida? How do you think you have gotten it? ...from antibiotics? stress? etc.

thanks..it's been great to discuss this with someone else!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2008, 09:43 PM   #48
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

tcmalt,
It is so great to talk to someone else that has this too, because I feel at times that I am never going to get this under control.
In Feb 2007, I got sick with all of these strange symptoms - rapid heart rate, extreme muscle pain, frequent urination, bone pain, and many many more that did not seem to match anything. I had taken antibiotics in Jan and Feb of 2007, and at the time I kept asking the doctors if it could be the antibiotics, they all told me no. But the more antibiotics they put me on the worse it got. I have been to so many specials and have been told that I was fine so many times- uhhh and that it was just anxiety. I knew that it was not anxiety because it happened after the antibiotics. The only real abnormal tests that were coming back was the ANA. It is basically an antibody reading for autoimmune disease. I was told that I would probably get lupus within 2 years. All the while I am searching and searching for answers. In March of 2008, my calcium began to spike and to make a long story short..... I came across candida myself by looking on the internet and decided to have myself tested. So, I had the blood test candida albicans and it came up positive. I took this information to my medical doctor and she said that the diet would be too hard to follow and that I would lose too much weight doing this. I was sort of mortified that I did not get any help at all from her with this, because on the lab paper it states to take this to your doctor immediately to begin treatment. So, I went to a naturopath for help. I am currently under her care for this, but I do not think that my ND has had many cases of this before because some of the research that I am gathering is different. So, I am on her program and also doing some extra things myself. This has been a living nightmare for me, I am sure that it has been for you too. I have had so many tests and still more to come because they were scheduled before the candida was found or I would not have even had them scheduled. Many trips to the ER, over night in the hospital, only to be told you are fine.-uhhhh But anyway, sorry for such a long story......
I know that I definately got mine from antibiotics because that is when all this started. I am not on any anti-fungals because my doctor would not prescribe any or give me any advice. I have switched family doctors so many times throughout all of this trying to get help.
I am so sorry that you are suffering with this too. It is truly so terrible.
My titer for the candida albicans test is 1:5000, so it is very positive.
Sorry this was so long,
mmee

Old 08-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #49
(female)

tcmalt HB User
Smile Re: Candida and Supplements--opinions appreciated

Hi Mmee--
I'm sorry to hear all of that. From what I've heard and experienced I think a lot of the western medical communitry doesn't believe candida exists. That's good you're working with a naturopath. I can't believe you were told you couldn't follow the diet and you'd lose too much weight...in my opinion that's the most important part of getting rid of the yeast. If you do a search for "whole foods approach" they lay out a diet protocol there with red, yellow, and green light foods...it's similar to the one I'm on. My dr. gave me a list of foods I could have for the first 30 days, the next 30, and foods to avoid. I will admit the diet was hard because it involved a lot of cooking but it is doable...especially if you want to get rid of the yeast. I ate a lot of meat (grass fed beef/buffalo), organic chicken/eggs, ane turkey, as well as wild salmon. I also ate lots of green vegetables and beans. I cooked with olive oil. For snacks I ate lots of nuts and seeds...avoiding peanuts and cashews because they supposedly have lots of mould. Now I've been able to add sweet potatoes, brown rice, amaranth, millet, kefir, and a few blueberries. I'm still on the diet now...but since I've been able to add carbs back slowly I'm finally gaining weight back. I did lose about 10-12 pounds on the diet and I'm already very thin.

What does your naturopath say about diet? Have they prescribed antifungals? My dr. has been trying to balance my ph level...because when you're acidic...it provides a pefect environment for yeast to thrive. Additionally I'm on a probiotic, I take digestive enzymes every time I eat, antifungals, and I take magnesium to help me have a b.m. My dr. told me you need to make sure you're eliminating everyday b/c all of that in your body can make you more toxic. I've also been drinking water with lemon and water with lime...sometimes sweetened with stevia. My dr. said you can have stevia on the diet. It's a plant based sweetener.

I do feel like I'm getting better but again I've been on the diet for more than 60 days now. My tongue is almost back to it's original coloring...it's just a little white in the back. There are lots of books out there that give you info. on candida too...I have Crook's book..it's dated but a lot of the info. still applies. I hope some of this helps.
-tcmalt

Last edited by tcmalt; 08-31-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: wrong word used

Old 08-31-2008, 07:22 AM   #50
(female)

tcmalt HB User

mmee--
One more thing...did you mean in your post your naturopath hasn't treated many cases of candida?..and you're not on antifungals? I think in one of Harry's posts he told me he went to an md that was knowlegeable with candida. I go to a dr. of traditional chinese medicine. To be honest it might not even matter what their label is..whether that be an alternative or western md...I think what's important is that they have a good knowledge base with candida. It may be worth a try to find someone who specializes in candida treatment. I know even some of these dr.'s will do phone consultations if it's too far for you to go. I'm just a little worried for you if I interpreted your message correctly as to your naturopath not having much experience with candida. Additionally it does sound like the candida appeared after the antibiotics. There are such a range of symptoms with candida it could have caused many of the problems you were having.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:20 AM   #51
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

tcmalt,
Hi,
No, I am not on antifungals. My naturopath is a very nice lady, but I do not think that she has had very many cases of candida, especially one as bad as mine, with so many symptoms I mean. I will see how the next appointment goes and take it from there.
I am so glad that you are finding help though. It certainly is not easy to get rid of this terrible stuff.
Take care.
Keep me posted.
mmee

Old 08-31-2008, 07:36 PM   #52
(female)

tcmalt HB User

mmee---
you keep me posted too...and let me know if you find out any more information.
take care of yourself...it's going to get better
tcmalt

Last edited by tcmalt; 08-31-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #53
(female)

tcmalt HB User

mmee--
just checking in to see how things are going---Are you feeling any better? Did you ever do a stool analysis to determine if you had parasites as well?
Hope things are improving!
-tcmalt

Old 09-12-2008, 12:57 PM   #54
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

tcmalt,
Thanks so much. How are you doing?

I did have a stool test done, but it was only for candida not parasites too. Did you ever have that test done?

mmee

Old 09-12-2008, 03:47 PM   #55
(female)

tcmalt HB User

Hi mmee--
I am doing pretty good but having a stool analysis done to determine if I have parasites or yeast ...and it also lets you know how your digestion is. It is an expensive test but I want to know once and for all what this is..and if I'm doing the right things. I'll keep you posted. I hope you're improving!
melissa

Old 09-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #56
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Can someone tell me the symptoms of system candida? I have had bad joint/bone pains that move around my body a lot, extreme joint cracking and now full body muscle twitches.
Have had tons of blood work, mri, ultra sound all good. Next is nerve testing. It that comes back clear I am at a loss.

Feedback appreciated

Old 09-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #57
Veteran
(female)

mmee HB User

k2626,
All of the symptoms that you are having could possibly be candida related. I have candida too. It is so hard to tell what is coming from what. lol
I had the candida albicans antibody test.

tcmalt,
Keep me posted on how you are doing.

mmee

Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #58
(male)

russ60 HB User

A very good OTC remedy for Candida problems is Caprilic Acid and be sure to take L acidophilus that only puts out lactic acid that kills candida on contact in your intestines as well as all the acid producing probiotics supplements like Culturelle(Lactobacillus GG) and others.

My experience has been you can't cure yeast infections/ candida --- if you don't replace the killled off bad bacteria -- without taking-- lots of good friendly strains of bacteria to replace the ones killed off-- it is just logical --- not rocket science and it does not take that long to accomplish.

Cells in your intestines die and are sloughed off every 14 hours so they have to be replaced by something --- so feed them and make it the good friendly bacterias in probiotic supplements.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:08 PM   #59
(female)

SkyblueToo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia85
I have been seeing a chiropractor for some time now and she keeps telling me that I have a bad case of candida. I have a very sensitive system and am also on a number of prescription drugs (I have already run a few interraction checks between the supplements and the meds and there are no obvious interractions). I'm not asking for opinions because I don't trust my chiro- I do trust her. I'm just the type of person who needs to hear from people who have tried the remedies before. So if anyone could weigh in on the following supplements: Okra Pepsin E3 (formerly called Comfrey Pepsin E3), Lactic Acid Yeast Wafers, Spanish Black Radish, or Zymex I would be very appreciative. Or if you could even just tell me anything about how you overcame candida that would be great as well!

Hi, I'm afraid I don't know anything about those supplements. After about five months on the phase 1 Candida diet, numerous supplements and several natural antifungal agents, I'm just beginning to 'come out' of the Candida nightmare, and this has been done without prescription drugs.

I don't know what your diet is, maybe you could tell us, but if your doctor is sure that you have Candida, and you're not on the Candida 1 one diet, I would think that's the first thing you want to do. I"m assuming that your doctor gave you that list of supplements, and did she not tell you what type of diet you should be on?

As far as myself, I can only eat green veggies (broccoli, green beans, all types of raw, green salad mix, cooked greens (collard, spinach, mustard, turnip, kale, etc.), onions, peppers, coconuts, organic meats only, no pork, avocados, and I use only olive oil or coconut oil, and only pure, 100% sea salt, such as Celtic, plus natural herbs for seasoning. Although certain nuts are normally the phase one diet, I can’t eat any type at all.

This diet and the antifungal agents are exactly what brought me out of the Candida fog.

Thanks, Max

Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #60
(female)

SkyblueToo HB User

Hello, "Good Things" ... In your message to me, you typed this, "The antifungals you are using are not very effective." My question is, since I did not post these in the message I posted, how do you know they’re not ‘very’ effective?

Thanks, Max

Closed Thread