HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Candida (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/)
-   -   Candida and Supplements--opinions appreciated (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/611272-candida-supplements-opinions-appreciated.html)

Sophia85 06-19-2008 09:48 PM

Candida and Supplements--opinions appreciated

Hello!

I have been seeing a chiropractor for some time now and she keeps telling me that I have a bad case of candida. I have a very sensitive system and am also on a number of prescription drugs (I have already run a few interraction checks between the supplements and the meds and there are no obvious interractions). I'm not asking for opinions because I don't trust my chiro- I do trust her. I'm just the type of person who needs to hear from people who have tried the remedies before. So if anyone could weigh in on the following supplements: Okra Pepsin E3 (formerly called Comfrey Pepsin E3), Lactic Acid Yeast Wafers, Spanish Black Radish, or Zymex I would be very appreciative. Or if you could even just tell me anything about how you overcame candida that would be great as well!

Thanks!

help wanted :( 06-20-2008 10:22 AM

Re: Candida and Supplements--opinions appreciated

hey... youve got no chance of fighting candida without sticking strictly to the candida diet for a start...
then after about month you need to start taking various anti fungals and rotate different types..
then you can consider other types of supplements... liver and colon detox/cleanses, vitamins and minerals etc etc
erica whites book on candida is very good for tellign you how to beat candida

Sophia85 06-20-2008 12:29 PM

Thank you for your reply-- I appreciate the advice!

AlexaIn2006 06-20-2008 12:56 PM

Most people have candida yeast overgrowth. It causes a whole array of problems. Prescription drugs do not help. I am not sure why and which drugs you are on, but maybe you could look into alternatives. Many problems can eally be cured, no one tells you about it , especially doctors. Check out Kevin Trudeau's books. He talks quite a bit about candida. I am on the process of beginning to clean myself.

gramma50 06-28-2008 06:22 AM

I have found oil of oregano to be very good, not only for candida and fungal infections, but for so many other ailments. I take the oil itself, and I have my son, who is 27 and suffered internal injuries last year, taking the capsules. Also, colloidal silver is amazing. I hope you find something that helps you.

Harry 06-28-2008 11:53 PM

Sophia,
THe methods that have been used to treat yeast/ candida overgrowth are the anti- candida diet that basically cuts out sugary food from your diet because Candida & yeast thrive on sugary foods including simple carbs. And anti fungal drugs may be used--- like Diflucan, Nystatin, Sporonox and other drugs available.
There are also many other OTC remedies that are available that I have used that are effective.

I have not heard of any of the remedies that you mentioned in your post to treat yeast/candida infections or overgrowths.

I wish you well---Harry

barb6666 08-15-2008 09:38 AM

Are thoes drugs over the counter or perscription? I suffer with the same problem!! My guno has had me on antibiotics for almost a year!!! I still have relaps???

tcmalt 08-15-2008 02:17 PM

Hi all,
I am in the process of getting rid of a candida/yeast infection now. I had terrible thrush after taking a strong round of antibiotics. I've felt miserable ever since the antibiotics and my holistic dr. told me I had candida. I've been taking anti-fungals...paramune is the one I'm on. I'm also taking magnesium to help me clean out my system. Additionally I've been on an anti-candida diet. Candida is hard to get rid of and you can have die off symptoms as you're ridding yourself of the yeast. There is a great website that lists green, orange, and red light foods ...green meaning the ones you can eat all you want, orange....foods to limit, and red foods to avoid. You can do an internet search for the whole foods approach. ( removed ) Hope this helps. BTW---I've been on this diet and protocol for about a month and a half and I'm just beginning to feel better...it takes a lot of time and patience.

Harry 08-15-2008 08:22 PM

barb6666,
The drugs I mentioned in my post are antifungal presciption drugs.

But there are other OTC remedies that are effective. Like Caprlic acid, Pau d'arco, maitake tea and wild oregano oil.

Harry

barb6666 08-16-2008 04:43 AM

Thanks for your your reply! I'm just like tcmalt-had this going on for long time!!! My guno just keeps giving me anitbiotics.....my body is to the point they don't work. I'm desperately trying new thimgs, but am trying to stay away from the anitbiotics!!!

tcmalt 08-16-2008 06:56 AM

I was at that point to ...where the antibiotics didn't work anymore for me. I really do feel so much better...but it's been a lot of work completely changing my diet. I don't even crave sugary processed food anymore so in the end it was a good thing. Good luck to you!

Harry 08-16-2008 09:06 AM

tcmalt,

I have seached for infomation about Paramune but all I found was one distributor in the entire USA.
If it is so helpful -- I wonder why it is not more widely used.
There are many antifungal drugs on the market --presciption as well as OTC that are effective.
What type of Doctor are you going to for your anti- candida / yeast problems??

Harry

tcmalt 08-16-2008 01:11 PM

I go to an amazing dr. of traditional chinese medicine...he's also a licensed chriopractor, accupunturist, and clinical nutritionist. He is extremely knowledgeable and has recommended the paramunes...he's also done a considerable amount of research on candida. The paramunes have lots of different oils in them...I think someone else mentioned them. They're definitely working b/c I'm feeling considerably better and my tongue is no longer coated with a thick white coating. BUT I preface that with the fact I've had to be on a very strict diet as well. I trust my dr....he has helped me so much. If I had candida I would definitely try to find someone to guide me through the process of getting better. I think it would be difficult knowing exactly what to do on my own...just my opinion.

tcmalt 08-16-2008 01:17 PM

Harry,
By the way...aren't nystatin and diflucan antibiotics and anti-fungals? I wanted to completely stay away from antibiotics.

Harry 08-16-2008 07:15 PM

tcmalt,

Nystatin and Diflucan are not antibiotic but are antifungal drugs.