It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2008, 06:15 AM   #1
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User
Question Candida die off or just sick?

Hey all, I'm not really new here, been around for 2 years I believe but havent posted in the same amount of time - but having issues so I decided to come back!

-First off, I have issues with candida/yeast infection, I've had it for 10 years, certain days are worse than others. Some say "Oh, just go to the doctor." There are a number of reasons I refuse to do so. The main ones being, I have been traumatized when I was little when it comes to doctors and gynecologists, I was forced to go to them when something came up in that sense - like when I got my period younger than my sisters. Also because they will just put me on antibiotics or something like Diflucan which will only help the symptoms when I'm on it, then when I go off it comes back, and antibiotics are the worse thing to take when you have a yeast/candida problems.

The past 2-3 years, at least every 6 months or so, I seem to get sick with something and have to go on antibiotics and that doesnt help either.

Especially when the last time I got a bad "intestinal infection" they said it was anxiety the second time I got it and also I am prone to UTIs, which I am guessing is from the candida.

Anyways, I've gone the natural route. There is the anti candida diet but I didnt/couldnt do the strict way to do it, so I lowered my carb intake a lot and sugar intake as well since I know I was feeding the little bacteria way too much with my coffee/caffeine addiction when it comes to sweets and carbs.

Also taking a bunch of vitamins/supplements, which are listed below:

Vitamin C 1,000mg *twice a day*
Omega-3 Fish Oil 1,000 mg *twice a day*
Green Tea Extract 315mg *twice a day*
Coral Calcium 500mg *twice a day*
Aloe Vera capsules 470mg *twice a day*
Passion Flower 200mg *twice a day* (Suppose to help calm my stomach.)
Candex *twice a day* (Bottle doesnt say how many mgs or anything, all I know is, it's suppose to help with die-off)
Acidophilus *twice a day*

The Candex I have to take on an empty stomach, so usually first thing when I wake up and before I go to sleep. The acidophilus I take with breakfast and dinner.

I wasnt sure if these were die-off symptoms I have been experiencing, but the past 3 days of when I started all this I have been feeling very crummy.

Here are my symptoms:

Increased tiredness
Headaches at certain points of the day (mainly late afternoon-evening)
Gas pains
Flatulence (embarrassing but still a symptom)
Abnormal stools/almost like diarrhea
Nausea (especially in the morning)
Random aches (not really severe)
Bloated beyond anything (Feel like I've gained 15-30lbs within the past few days, lower stomach just feels so full and has a lot of pressure)
Moderate to intense intestinal pain
Yeast infection seems to have intensify, increased itching and burning and feeling like nothing can soothe it.
Slight mood changes (more so on the depressed/anxious side)
Craving a lot of sweets, but not like chocolate, more so on the side of soda *Like Coca-Cola*, especially since that was probably the majority of my carb/sugar intake.
Not feeling like myself at all, mentally or physically

The one that got me worried was the intense bloating pressure and pain, feeling like I've gained weight, thought maybe water weight-gain, but I dont see how that's possible when I usually get that around my period and that past. My boyfriend even said that I'm either very bloated or gained weight the past week.

Is this candida die-off or am I just not feeling well?

Any advice, suggestions..or anything else is appreciated.

~Thanks

-Kitty

Last edited by Tearful_Love; 12-05-2008 at 06:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

misty073 HB User
Re: Candida die off or just sick?

I would say your body is detoxing. When you drastically cut your carbs your your body does a detox because it is so used to being on so many carbs. I have done a few low carb diets in the past and felt the same way as you for the first few days...then after about 4-5 I started to get more energy.

As for the candida, you really dont have to cut out carbs or lower them. I have been seeing a natural path for yeast (I have been dealing with this for 4 years and just recently saw a natural path). She said to stay away from wheat and yeast carbs. I can still eat things like rice, rye crackers, rice cakes etc. No sugar and No dairy (not even yogourt, but she did say cottage cheese was ok as it was not fermented)no soya sauce, no ketchup etc.

The most important thing is she put me on grape seed extract ( GSE) and I am supposed to take a few drops (But I take more) a few times a day and I have a spray bottle with some diluted in water to spray everytime I use the wash room. I have not had any symptoms for a bit now, but I am waiting for my period to come and go...because in Sept I did all of this (minus the GSE) and took oil of oregano, everything went away and came back full force when I got my period. I got very upset and finally went to the natural path, and she said that your hormones will really affect the yeast. Also if you are married or have a partner you should get them to take some GSE (or a yeast killer) as you will just keep passing it back and forth.

Oh and I dont have any symptoms and have not had any die off symptoms...I have heard that if you do get die off to cut back a bit what you are doing.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User

Ah well this lady at the health food store who specializes in the supplements was basically like "NO CARBS NO SUGAR"... I was like "Ya kidding me?" So I just cut back a little bit.

Yep, I heard GSE is great, I am going out to get some today actually and also I just got something called Yeast Arrest by Vitanica which worked wonders for me last time.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited by Tearful_Love; 12-05-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: mispelling

Old 12-05-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
(female)

misty073 HB User

I did the candida cleanse kit in Sept (I did 2 back to back) and the lady at the health food store said I could do 3-4 back to back...but I find the GSE cheaper LOL.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #5
(female)

Tearful_Love HB User

I started Yeast Arrest today *suppository*, suppose to do two times a day for 2 weeks if suffering from chronic, gotta wear a panty liner unfortunately. LOL, now it's all herbal tea smelling like... Lol.

I got some GSE today so I am gonna start that before I go to bed.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #6
(female)

seagoddess HB User

it sure sounds like either a candida flare up or die off....it is hard to tell them apart. I use Candex, and probiotics. then i alternate the candex with three lac every month. i am haviing a terrible flare now and starting back on my program again. sigh.

Closed Thread