It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User
Re: Candida/Yeast, Gluten and Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinette View Post
I personally, am not on this diet all of the time, as I don't think I have any allergies or sensitivites. I just needed to cleanse myself.

When I do it for cleansing, I don't allow ANY sugar, and that includes fruit.

I should have mentioned the benefit of probiotics! I can't say enough good about them. I buy the kind you have to refrigerate. I heard they are better. They will help restore good bacteria in your stomach/intestines, etc.

Docs might not recognize it now, but I remember as a kid everyone thought that chiropractors and acupuncture were all quackery.
Hi, thanks for you input. Interesting about the "no fruit" thing. Not sure if I could adhere to such a strict diet like that. I'm not into the whole "deprivation" thing. I'm not allergic to any foods, and still don't really know if I have any intolerance or insensitivity to certain foods. But I'm finding the whole gluten-free thing to be very stressful on me...which is probably not helping my digestive issues at all.

Oh, and I have been taking probiotics, along with a digestive enzyme at every meal. I've been using Primal Defense probiotics - I found this one in the refrigerated probiotic section at Whole Foods. It wasn't cheap either, but I'll see how it works for me. The digestive enzyme I'm using is by Essential Enzymes...also purchased at Whole Foods.

I think I'll just see how the combination of probiotics and enzymes work, along with some diet modifications. I can definitely cut-back on the gluten stuff, but I just don't think I can totally eliminate it from my diet. I know that's not the way to do it, but that's the best I can do for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #17
(female)

lovepairs HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nscrbug View Post
Ok, so I understand the need to eliminate gluten & sugars from the diet, while battling Candida. But how am I able to consume fruits (I love strawberries, blueberries, bananas, pineapple, apples, & watermelon) if they all have naturally occurring sugars in them? Also...nearly all of the yogurts on the market have sugar in them...with one exception being plain yogurt. I simply cannot stomach eating plain yogurt without SOME kind of flavoring from added fruits. I really don't want to eat the yogurts that are artificially sweetened, as I am also trying to wean myself off of ALL artificial sweeteners at this time...they're SO bad for you! Seems like I'm caught between a "rock and a hard place" here. Any suggestions or ideas?
About the diet, once you get into it you can really be creative with it. For instance, not all fruits are created equally. Some fruits have a higher carbohydrate and sugar content then others. It's a good idea to read some charts to figure out exactly what is in natural food. With the processed foods, you can simply read the side of the box for the sugar content. I don't think the idea is to be a on the diet, but to cut down and modify when you can.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #18
(female)

Colinette HB User

I agree with lovepairs. If I were on this diet as a lifestyle or for long periods of time, I'm certain there are fruits that I would allow, while others I would not.

I now dilute all my fruit juice with water. Too much sugar at one time. Now, "full-strength" fruit juice tastes way too sweet for me.

Closed Thread