It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
silverfruit HB User
candida desperation

After getting no help from medical profession and trying various things about leg rashes, hives, and joint pain, acupuncture, yoga and vitamins all of which have merit, I decided to do some research and am fairly certain I have candida, my doctor was dismissive. Next stop will be dermatologist,only because everyone is pushing me to do so, I dont know what else to do, any advice out there, I'm very worried about the future of my health, and future employment.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-08-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wewoka,oklahoma,usa
Posts: 167
precious49 HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfruit View Post
After getting no help from medical profession and trying various things about leg rashes, hives, and joint pain, acupuncture, yoga and vitamins all of which have merit, I decided to do some research and am fairly certain I have candida, my doctor was dismissive. Next stop will be dermatologist,only because everyone is pushing me to do so, I dont know what else to do, any advice out there, I'm very worried about the future of my health, and future employment.
silverfruit,
I too, can't seem to get any help for the candida. I've had it since Oct. 08'. The Dr. gave me several medications. Some made me so sick that I thought that I was going to die. I could bearly walk. Nystatin helps a little to control it but it hasn't killed it off. I think it's gone--don't take the Nystatin--and then it's back again and worse. I have huge blisters on the back of my throat and it makes it hard to swallow.
Has anyone tried the ThreeLac and had any success?????????????????????
If you find anything that works silverfruit--Let me know and I'll do the same for you. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-27-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
silverfruit HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious49 View Post
silverfruit,
I too, can't seem to get any help for the candida. I've had it since Oct. 08'. The Dr. gave me several medications. Some made me so sick that I thought that I was going to die. I could bearly walk. Nystatin helps a little to control it but it hasn't killed it off. I think it's gone--don't take the Nystatin--and then it's back again and worse. I have huge blisters on the back of my throat and it makes it hard to swallow.
Has anyone tried the ThreeLac and had any success?????????????????????
If you find anything that works silverfruit--Let me know and I'll do the same for you. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay
have been having a bit of a rough trot of late and hadn't even looked at this site until this evening, thankyou so very much for your reply, it has made me feel less alone, and yes I will let you know if anything works or helps at all , and of course I know my body and it is too sensitive for any chemically based anti fungrals although I'm sure they have their place. I've decided to keep a journal as I try different things. That way I can accurately share what I have learnt I know there is a cure out there somewhere, and I will find it, please keep in touch

 
Old 02-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 1,530
AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: candida desperation

This is because conventional or regular doctors do not recognize candida and the reason is there is no drug for it. Doctors treat pretty much with drugs and surgery only. You must find a holistic or naturopathic doctor. Three-Lac is a great product. I have a box, I haven't used it yet, I am trying to prepare myself for a lack of food while I am taking the herbs. You have to eat a very strict diet while taking the herbs because the have to starve this bad bacteria, not feed them. The herbs will kill them off. You may experience sickness which is the die off period. Most people, at least in America have candida overgrowth and do not even know it. It isn't common knowledge and again because most people go to regular doctors who do not recognize this. Candida actually does all kinds of crazy things to the body over time. I know I have quite an overgrowth, I love sugars and breads.

 
Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 16
silverfruit HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious49 View Post
silverfruit,
I too, can't seem to get any help for the candida. I've had it since Oct. 08'. The Dr. gave me several medications. Some made me so sick that I thought that I was going to die. I could bearly walk. Nystatin helps a little to control it but it hasn't killed it off. I think it's gone--don't take the Nystatin--and then it's back again and worse. I have huge blisters on the back of my throat and it makes it hard to swallow.
Has anyone tried the ThreeLac and had any success?????????????????????
If you find anything that works silverfruit--Let me know and I'll do the same for you. precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay
hi again, as I have nothing to report as yet I was going to wait and see if it works first but as yiu have asked I am in the proces of trying threelac at the moment, thing is I haven't been as strict with my sugar intake as I should be,but after hearing from alexain2006 I am going to give the threelac a chance and cut sugars out will let you know how I get on

 
Old 02-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Daisy mae HB User
Cool Re: candida desperation

Hi all, I have read this forum as part of my personal research and thought I would post since I think I have found a solution worth posting. I had been on antibiotics long term and since being off them have dealt with recurring candida for 2 years. My Dr. highly recommended that I take probiotics & find a homeopathic solution. I've been taking probiotics for about 6 months with slight relief, but it was not a cure. I did a lot of reading (including this site) and I think I have something worth posting now!
In my reading (& reading...) I found several recommendations for Oil of Oregano as a remedy in addition to probiotics. I started taking Oil of Oregano as well as another product called Candida Clear which contains Pau D'Arco, Black Walnut and Oregano Oil, and at this time it seems I am having great results! It is recommended to ease onto it and take it with food as some people report stomach upset, but it didn't upset mine and even that is preferred over recurring candida! I can't say the results long term since I haven't been taking it real long but wanted to share my results in hopes of helping others.

 
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wewoka,oklahoma,usa
Posts: 167
precious49 HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfruit View Post
have been having a bit of a rough trot of late and hadn't even looked at this site until this evening, thankyou so very much for your reply, it has made me feel less alone, and yes I will let you know if anything works or helps at all , and of course I know my body and it is too sensitive for any chemically based anti fungrals although I'm sure they have their place. I've decided to keep a journal as I try different things. That way I can accurately share what I have learnt I know there is a cure out there somewhere, and I will find it, please keep in touch
hello silverfruit,
i had rotator cuff surgery tues. this will be short. i pray that on your quest that you will find an answer. right now i'm trying grapefruit seed extract. it seems to help as much as the nystatin did but still hasn't gotten rid of it.
precious49 god bless you & yours today & everyday

 
Old 02-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wewoka,oklahoma,usa
Posts: 167
precious49 HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexaIn2006 View Post
This is because conventional or regular doctors do not recognize candida and the reason is there is no drug for it. Doctors treat pretty much with drugs and surgery only. You must find a holistic or naturopathic doctor. Three-Lac is a great product. I have a box, I haven't used it yet, I am trying to prepare myself for a lack of food while I am taking the herbs. You have to eat a very strict diet while taking the herbs because the have to starve this bad bacteria, not feed them. The herbs will kill them off. You may experience sickness which is the die off period. Most people, at least in America have candida overgrowth and do not even know it. It isn't common knowledge and again because most people go to regular doctors who do not recognize this. Candida actually does all kinds of crazy things to the body over time. I know I have quite an overgrowth, I love sugars and breads.
alexain2006,
i know what you mean about the diet. i've heard that you can starve it but as soon as you have sugar that it will return. i had surgery this week & they gave me antibiotics. i knew that wouldn't be good. i'm using grapefruit seed extract & it seems to do as good as the nystatin. hopefully between you, silver & me we can figure this out.
precious49 god bless you & yours today & everyday

 
Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #9
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wewoka,oklahoma,usa
Posts: 167
precious49 HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy mae View Post
Hi all, I have read this forum as part of my personal research and thought I would post since I think I have found a solution worth posting. I had been on antibiotics long term and since being off them have dealt with recurring candida for 2 years. My Dr. highly recommended that I take probiotics & find a homeopathic solution. I've been taking probiotics for about 6 months with slight relief, but it was not a cure. I did a lot of reading (including this site) and I think I have something worth posting now!
In my reading (& reading...) I found several recommendations for Oil of Oregano as a remedy in addition to probiotics. I started taking Oil of Oregano as well as another product called Candida Clear which contains Pau D'Arco, Black Walnut and Oregano Oil, and at this time it seems I am having great results! It is recommended to ease onto it and take it with food as some people report stomach upset, but it didn't upset mine and even that is preferred over recurring candida! I can't say the results long term since I haven't been taking it real long but wanted to share my results in hopes of helping others.
hello daisy mae,
i'm so glad that you have posted. thank you. i too have been taking probiotics and are trying other things also. they are helping as much as the nystatin that the dr. gave me. but still not gone. i wanted to ask. have you had the problem with thrush? that has been my worst problem. i have large blisters on the back of my tongue which actually cause problems with swallowing and breathing. have you had this problem. i'm going to see my dr. wed. i think she needs to send me to someone that deals with this first hand. she is very good to do that when needed. i really feel for you. i've only dealt with this for the past 5 mths. and it is driving me crazy. at times my tongue is so sore that i can barely eat. thanks again and i'll be looking forward to hearing from you. with the other girls on this site maybe we can figure this out.
precious49 god bless you and yours today and everyday

 
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #10
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Daisy mae HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious49 View Post
hello daisy mae,
i'm so glad that you have posted. thank you. i too have been taking probiotics and are trying other things also. they are helping as much as the nystatin that the dr. gave me. but still not gone. i wanted to ask. have you had the problem with thrush? that has been my worst problem. i have large blisters on the back of my tongue which actually cause problems with swallowing and breathing. have you had this problem. i'm going to see my dr. wed. i think she needs to send me to someone that deals with this first hand. she is very good to do that when needed. i really feel for you. i've only dealt with this for the past 5 mths. and it is driving me crazy. at times my tongue is so sore that i can barely eat. thanks again and i'll be looking forward to hearing from you. with the other girls on this site maybe we can figure this out.
precious49 god bless you and yours today and everyday
Hi precious, I don't have it in my mouth. I have it in my digestive tract and did have it recurrent vaginally really often too. The Oil of Oregano and Candida Clear are still working great for me! This is the longest term I have had relief in well over a year!!! I had a short bout (2 day) relapse when I ate a bunch of sweets that I baked for my husband but was able to get it completely back under control with just these herbs! When I first started taking them I could taste them but it seems as time goes on I can't taste it any more. This route is WAY less expensive for me than any other method I have tried and works WAY better. I feel sooooo much better!
I am hopeful that if I keep taking probiotics as well as these products for a year or two that my body will be correctly balanced permanently again.
Good luck to you...

 
Old 03-19-2009, 04:38 AM   #11
Senior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: wewoka,oklahoma,usa
Posts: 167
precious49 HB User
Re: candida desperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy mae View Post
Hi precious, I don't have it in my mouth. I have it in my digestive tract and did have it recurrent vaginally really often too. The Oil of Oregano and Candida Clear are still working great for me! This is the longest term I have had relief in well over a year!!! I had a short bout (2 day) relapse when I ate a bunch of sweets that I baked for my husband but was able to get it completely back under control with just these herbs! When I first started taking them I could taste them but it seems as time goes on I can't taste it any more. This route is WAY less expensive for me than any other method I have tried and works WAY better. I feel sooooo much better!
I am hopeful that if I keep taking probiotics as well as these products for a year or two that my body will be correctly balanced permanently again.
Good luck to you...
Hello Daisy mae,
I'm so glad that you found something that is helping so much.
That sugar thing is a real problem. It makes it real hard to get good results. There is sugar in everything unless you go completely natural and even then fruit has a lot of sugar. It almost makes it impossible.
I've got mine manageable but it's still there. I'll have to try what you're using. Have you ever tryed ThreeLac? I've read about it but haven't come into contact with anyone that has used it.
Sorry that I haven't written you sooner but I had rotator cuff surgery and haven't been on the computer.
Thank you for your information. Let's keep in touch.
precious49 God Bless You and Yours Today and EveryDay

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Help!! Overlapping symptoms of HypoT and Candida Albicans hopalong_too Candida 8 03-20-2009 12:49 PM
Candida Yeast Bacteria Cleanse....Still Seems Like A Miracle! ckc27 Candida 3 11-09-2007 12:53 PM
candida SHARON1952 Candida 18 10-12-2007 10:54 AM
Candida cherman Candida 17 07-15-2007 10:57 AM
Candida nonsense chigs489 Candida 14 08-28-2006 07:40 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!