It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
(female)

dreamingdenali HB User
What does Candida overgrowth feel like?

I have got to get to the bottom of my stomach problems.

Here goes:

1. Had stomach flu a few weeks ago. No vomiting, no diarrhea, but SEVERELY nauseous, and everything else that comes with it (cramping, abdominal pain, cold sweats, etc). This thing wiped me out. I had it for over a week.

2. It's been a few weeks now (just over 2 weeks) and I feel terrible again. Some cramps, but mostly bloating, gurgling like trapped gas bubbles in my stomach, and out of control gas (though, I feel like not all of it is coming out, and it's not leaving my body fast enough). I also have some belching here and there. I have been through a week of INCREDIBLY high stress, but usually high stress does not make me THIS ill.

3. I have NO diarrhea and NO constipation. My bms are normal. I feel like I have to go more often than I have to, but I really do not have any problems.

4. I am exhausted. I am getting over a cold (I got over it really fast), but I am just struggling to find things to eat that don't make me feel horrid. I usually eat a lot of fruit and veggies, almost 0 red meat, no processed food. I have not been sleeping well at all.

5. Recently tested negative for celiac's, and h. pylori. He ran some liver/kidney/thyroid function tests and everything came back normal. I was on PPIs for quite a long time and then stopped last year because they stopped working (horrid acid rebound after I stopped!), but I do use a lot of Maalox on a regular basis to calm my stomach.

Someone recently mentioned Candida. I initially discounted it but could that be what is wrong? I had quite a bit of yeast infections when I was younger, but I have no white goo in my mouth or anything. I do have a bit of a sweet tooth, though I have not been indulging much lately due to stomach problems. Don't drink, don't eat much bread or starch. Also lactose intolerant, but I am usually good with yogurt and cheese -- the doc told me to stay away from dairy until my stomach calms down.

What are the symptoms of candida overgrowth? I am going to buy some heavy duty probiotics (my friend swears by them, she had IBS or whatever and she is cured) and see if that helps. Has anyone else had a candida overgrowth in the stomach? Can you tell me if my symptoms match?

Last edited by dreamingdenali; 02-22-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
(female)

JenHud HB User
Re: What does Candida overgrowth feel like?

Hi! This is my first post here but I actually registered so that I could respond to you. What you are describing could certainly be related to candida. However, has your doctor considered gall bladder at all? I, personally, have never had any gall bladder problems but I am currently the only woman in my family (mom's side) who hasn't. Your symptoms sound very much like that which I have had described to me by my sisters and mother.

IF you are truly considering this being a candida issue there is a super easy way of treating it and it doesn't involve the doctor.

Melaleuca Alternafolia Oil Better known as Tea Tree Oil. TTO is an antibacterial as well as an antifungal. When I first learned of taking it orally (as opposed to only using it externally on cuts, scrapes, burns, bites, etc) I was told to start with just one drop in a glass of water. TTO is very strong in smell and taste (mostly because of the smell) and so drinking it cold was just too much for me. So I put it in a cup of tea and let the smell dissipate for a few minutes before drinking. Do this every day for 1 week - just one drop of oil in your cup of tea. Then the next week move up to 2 drops and the 3rd week move up to 3 drops. You can stick with 3 drops after that. I have been doing this for a couple of years now and only drink my tea with TTO a couple times a month now for maintenance. Prior to starting the TTO regimen I had chronic yeast infections for over 10 years. Once I was able to clean the excess candida from my system the yeast infections stopped. I have been on antibiotics 3 times since I started taking TTO and had NO YI afterward and I always got a YI after any kind of antibiotic treatment prior.

Not only will the TTO help to cleanse your system of the candida, due to its antibacterial properties it will also help to heal any lesions in your stomach and intestines (quite often the source of horrible gas and stomach pain). I find that my "IBS" is in complete control when I am taking TTO on a regular basis, too.

Take it as you will but this information has helped me immensely so I thought I would pass it on.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
(female)

girlie77 HB User

Hi dreamingdenali I just had to reply as I have been having exact same symptoms as you, although I have been on the loo every 10 minutes as last 5 hours! I normally just have the bubbling etc in tummy however today is the first that I have been running. I also have really bad pain attacks in my upper tummy which feels like Im having a heart attack! However the main reason for having to reply is that I found out a week ago that I have gallstones. I to had all the same tests as you and they were all normal. Have you ever had any pain? it can be also in you back, shoulders and between the shoulder blades. I was really shocked to find out that I have gallstones be have to say its a huge relief to know the cause. All it took was a simple scan of my tummy, dont rule it out Im the only one in my family to have them.If its any use I am 31 years old not over weight and fairly healthy eater. Hope this helps. lol.
girlie77

Old 02-24-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
(female)

dreamingdenali HB User

Hey there,

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people complaining about gall bladder problems, but I have never had any kind of localized pain. I really only have stomach issues -- I used to have more heartburn problems but I've become REALLY strict about what I eat and that has helped a lot.

Anyway, I decided that I am just oging to wait awhile and see if it calms down. If I have any more problems I'll get an abdominal ultrasound or whatever (that can find gallstones, right?) I really am not into surgery and have terrible insurance so if it's not something I can remedy myself, I don't know what to do. I have been taking some MegaFlora and probiotic stuff and eating normally again. So we'll see I guess. I hate tummy problems

Closed Thread