It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
(female)

Browneyes777 HB User
Candida and Sugar Addiction

Does anyone know if candida causes sgar addiction. Does anone know how to clear it up?

Old 11-25-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
(female)

help wanted :( HB User
Re: Candida and Sugar Addiction

Sugar is the main food that feeds the candida in your body so yes that is one of the symptoms, but that could also be down to other conditions. Do you have any other candida symptoms?

If it is your problem you need to go on a strict candida diet and go through a regime of anti fungals, pro biotics and vitamins & Minerals..

Theres loads of info on the net about the above and i recomend Erica Whites book on candida

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

I'm sorry, but thats a load of bunk, every bit of carbohdrate you eat ends up as sugar in the body, brown rice, wholemeal bread, oatmeal, pasta, potatoes, fruit....... table sugar is no worse than wholemeal organic stone ground bread seived through the underware of ukranian pesants.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
(female)

Uhm sorry but where did i say anythign about carbohydrates? There was no bunk.
Sugar IS the thing that feeds to candida.. and yes carbs turn to sugar so they feed it. This is exactly why you dont eat fruit on the candida diet and you only eat limited complex carbs and if you arnt progressing you then cut out the carbs.
You clearly know nothing about the candida diet.

So what exactly are you calling bunk?!

Old 11-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

The body has sophisticated sstems for keeping blood sugar within very tight limits - unless you're a diabetic, more carbs in the diet DO NOT equate to m ore sugar floating around the body.

If you genuianly have candida, you'd do better to take a course of fluconazole and some probiotics than following restrictive diets.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 11-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
(female)

A healthy body may be able to keep blood sugar levels correct but lots of people with suspected candida are very ill and blood sugar issues are one of their many problems. Its nothing to do with Carbs equalling more sugar floating around the body... it's carbs turning to sugar and the yeast in the digestive system thrives on it.

If you can find one person who has cured a serious case of candida with only medication then i may consider your statement even slightly true. But after years of research and speaking to people i have found none. You get nowhere without the diet. And plus, its damn near impossible to find a doctor who even takes the condition seriously let alone prescribe anything.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #7
(female)

FarmGirl31 HB UserFarmGirl31 HB User

ABSOLUTELY!

Candida feeds on sugars.....

Research it on the 'Net.

There are "anti-Candida" diets although I find them nearly impossible to adhere to... however, that is me.

There are many natural anti-fungals out there, including Coconut oil, Garlic and caprylic acid.

Pls visit a healthfood store and ask the ppl who work there.... they SHOULd know about it and how to better help u. Try hard to abstain from simple sugars/sweets. i also recommend Apple Cider Vinegar... helped me break the sugar and carbo addiction.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

FLguy HB User

Candida does cause sugar cravings. The simple sugars do feed the candida. It is my opinion that candida thrives in acid bodies and veggies are alkaline. Simple sugars increase acids. The body treats some sugars different than others in the way the body uses them. Neither of us are biologists trained in the chemical processes of the body so for you to come down on the other poster is rude and classless. Yes candida does cause sugar craving and yes simple sugar does feed the candida. Now unless you have a proven candida theory you want to share with us and tell us how to correct it other than some drug we are all ears. In your case a little knowledge really is a dangerous thing.

Closed Thread