It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

flyingleap HB User
Chronic Hives, Hashimotos, Candida ???

As I'm writing this half of my lip is swolen and my knees are itching like crazy. I have hives again about 1 1/2 weeks now. I thought I had the answer as I've tried Zyrtec 10 mg once a day and then Benadryl every two hours when they were at their worst. I've used Quercetin for years but the 500mg/2x per day dose since the hives started. After the Dr. gave me hydroxyzine and it didn't work I searched the internet. Last night I tried the Zyrtec 10 mg and a 150 mg Zantac and then this morning a Zyrtec. I did great today, didn't wake up with a swolen eye or hives covering my body. But now I'm reacting again. I'm hoping its the laundry soap. We switched from Tide to Kirkland HE liquid soap about the time I started to break out and I know I'm extra sensitive to some smells right now. I just put all my clothes through the hot rinse cycle and redid the bed sheets. I'm wondering if just carrying all of the scented laundry load by load to the washer did me in, who knows? So benadryl for me right now.

I did have hives for two years straight about 10 years ago. Every test possible to no avail. I did have antibodies against my thyroid and Dr. suggested I see a thyroid Dr. She said everything was fine. 2 years later I had a 52 TSH and was put on Levoxyl 100 mg/day and diagnosed with Hashimotos Thyroiditis (Dr. doesn't buy the hive theory even though its all over the internt). Hives disappeared after a few weeks. I had hives again 2 years ago but used Candistroy and a product called Moducare that balances your immune system and the hives went away in a couple weeks. I've since been put down to 88 of the Levoxyl My diet has been bad since I started a new job in February after my 18 year job came to an end...candy bars are comfort food and craving sweets, also a beer at night to make me relax. A family reunion and several Strawberry daquiris later... No doubt it all sent my immune system into a tale spin. So I'm taking both supplements again along with the above. Hoping to get better soon and thought today was the day but here we go with the puffy lip. I'm tired of the pin pricks, itchy and creepy crawly feeling (and I look great with hives on my face by the way). Here's to better days for us all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
(female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User
Re: Chronic Hives, Hashimotos, Candida ???

This really sounds like a food allergy, what do you ear everyday that maybe you could eliminate-just trying an elimination diet. I learned I had eaten too much peanut butter and became allergic from overexposure to it!

Closed Thread