It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
(female)

hercules325 HB User
systemic candida infection

This is a discovery for me. I absolutely feel this is a part of my Fibro. If not the cause a very overlooked symptom. I've been on the no sugar/gluten/carb/ I can't eat chocolate diet for only 2 days and it's amazing how crappy I feel! I feel exactly like it said I would and I swear that my urine smells like sourdough bread!! If anyone wants to take the journey with me or has any input let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: systemic candida infection

I'm on the journey with you...........I agree - I really do think it's the key - I've not had any chocolate for 3 weeks - with just the occasional piece of bread, very limited coffee/dairy - ie 1 cappucino a week and it makes a huge difference. Whether it's candida or whether it's because we're so toxic it's the same to me. Are you drinking plenty of water - 2 to 3 litres a day and that really helps to flush you out! Also taking probiotics is fab as it gets good bacteria back in your gut.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I agree with you! I was tested for candida and it was negative but I have always thought I could be hypoglycemic. I gave up simple sugars a few months ago and I feel so much better, even lost 10 lbs, however like you I didn't feel better right away. Hang in there!

Last edited by Pammyann; 12-03-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
(female)

hercules325 HB User

Probiotics, Fish oils and garlic. I'm going to get some grapefruit seed extract today. Thanks for the support. I'm such a sweets aholic so this is a life change. Day to day and trying not to be hard on myself if I don't do it perfectly every day.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Me too - I could have if i let myself eat chocolate all day every day - I didn't but some days I ate LOTS - so like you this is a new journey.....if you check out alkaline foods on the internet that will help you - grapefruit is fab - I could only eat one in the past with sugar on now I can just eat it on its own - fantastic!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
(female)

chicsanny HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules325 View Post
This is a discovery for me. I absolutely feel this is a part of my Fibro. If not the cause a very overlooked symptom. I've been on the no sugar/gluten/carb/ I can't eat chocolate diet for only 2 days and it's amazing how crappy I feel! I feel exactly like it said I would and I swear that my urine smells like sourdough bread!! If anyone wants to take the journey with me or has any input let me know!

Old 01-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #7
(female)

chicsanny HB User

Just got some info on candida - have most all of the symptoms and also had fibro a coupla years ago. Think candida could've played a part. The info I got was:
1.Stay off sweet stuff and caffeine, etc
2.Take some good probiotics
3.Take some natural detoxing stuff like milk thistle, artichoke.
I'm just psyching up to do this - such a sweet tooth but I'm sick of all the crappy feelings. Good to know others feel the same!!

Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
(female)

paisleypoet HB User

I'm in as well. I have not been diagnosed with fibromyalgia yet, but I have been sick for about 5 months now, and am in terrible pain. I also believe I have candida issues. I have major sugar cravings. I have been making and drinking kefir this past week - hoping to get some benefit from the probiotics and trying desperately to cut out sugar. Still love my coffee, though, so that will be another issue to work on...

Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Candida overload is a common FMS complaint. I"m sure you are gonna feel a lot better when you get those bugs out of your system. Yeah to your smart doc!

Kirstee

Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
(female)

SLPtobe HB User

A nutritionist told me that yeast is cause of FMS. He said he would rather see someone smoke a cigarette then eat sugar..cause sugar is so harmful to you. i am trying to get off sugar..cause when i eat it I flare up!! Does anyone have any advice besides probiotics?

Old 11-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #11
(female)

help wanted :( HB User

Pammyann,
can i ask what sort of test you had for candida? Doctors in the UK refuse to acknowledge it and everytime i suggest it tp my GP she says there is no test. I know there are many places online offering blood/stool/saliva tests but i dont know of these are very reliable.

Closed Thread