It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
(female)

numbcy HB User
Is it possible to have CONSTANT candida die off symptoms?

All the symptoms match. It is the most horrifying experience imaginable. I imagine this is what hell is like. I am in hell on earth. I can't take it anymore. (not referring to suicide). It's been 3 years straight. No relief. I am bedridden, out of money, and dying, due to my lack of ability to take care of myself. I have not eaten in 65 days (juice fast). Food makes it even worse. Lack of food at least makes it so that I can at least walk across the house (barely) or make it to the bathroom and back. I am in hell. It has been too long.

Wondering if I could possibly have constant Candida die off; massive release of toxins from dying candida cells (and living candida cells). Could I just be completely and entirely overloaded with toxins/toxic waste in my blood, intestines, brain and all other organs; my entire body? Does candida cause neurological symptoms? My head feels like I am on the scariest most terrifying drug trip imaginable.

And why would it get so much worse whenever I eat food; doesn't matter what kind of food: it can be boiled broccoli ...or it could be chocolate cake; same symptoms, no matter what. My body is reacting to food. The symptoms are always there, even if I'm not eating anything. But, when I eat, it gets so bad that it takes weeks or months of juice fasting to even somewhat improve symptoms. I have been to so many doctors. There must be an answer! I can't live like this!

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: numbcy
BrittleSweet (07-20-2011), oldmanwinter (11-27-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
(female)

her70cuda HB User
Re: Is it possible to have CONSTANT candida die off symptoms?

If you are taking in sugars in the form of juice, it is unlikely it is candida die off because sugars feed the candida.

What symptoms occur when you eat?

Old 01-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
(female)

numbcy HB User

Here is another post of mine, explaining my symptoms:

Before you read it, let me note that when I ate only bananas and potatoes for a year and a half (and I mean NOTHING else BUT that), I had no idea why they gave me less of a reaction than most foods...but nevertheless, they did. It was still horrible, but I was able to do so much more; the feeling was almost able to be tolerated at times. So, I am unsure of the candida, because ... well, actually, now that i think about it ... my symptoms would get better ... because I would have been feeding the candida ... hmmm ... but, actually ... that doesn't make sense, because if I ate a piece of cake or an apple or any other food (sugar or no sugar) I react violently to it ... so ... who knows ... sorry, thinking out loud here. Anyway, I can't make sense of any of it. But, for 1 1/2 years I ate bananas and potatoes, only because I reacted the least to these two foods, after trying about 100-200 different food trials one-by-one. Then, after a year and a half, I came down with a very bad strep infection and, all of the sudden, the symptoms became so strong again, putting me in the hospital (where they were not able to help me). I was not getting any better, so I went on a juice fast. I am now juicing only carrots, celery, and cucumber and taking a barley grass supplement. That's what I've been living off of for the last 65 days. Who knows how many more days.

Oh yes, and one more thing: when I did colonics, I did around 50 colonics, which produced an extremely high amount of what appeared to be yeast, according to the colon hydro-therapist. Fluffy creamish looking balls of yeasty fluff, with long brown roots (to attach to the intestinal walls). So, either I have a yeast problem...or she didn't know what she was looking at.

With that said, if you're not bored (or skimming by now), please read my symptoms...and I pray that I can be helped one day. I pray that God does exist (the torment and pain I have endured had lead me to question, but today, I choose to believe. I want to believe)... and I pray that the right people will be lead to read my story.

Every time I eat, I feel this horrible, terrifying, torturous, horrendous drugged/pressure feeling in my head; stronger and more terrifying than anything imaginable. It doesn't matter what kind of food or what food. I have been this way for over 3 years now. It is so strong that I am house ridden and bedridden and have completely lost my life and live every moment of every day in agonizing torture. It does not go away.

I have tried 100s of different diets, supplements, doctors, tests, MD's, naturopaths, colonics, etc. etc. etc. I know there is something out there that can help me; there must be something. It can't be happening for no reason. But, every time; every attempt to get well has failed. Everything has made the symptoms even worse.

The only things that have helped somewhat were 1. colonics, 2. eating only two foods (bananas and potatoes) for over a year and a half (no joke), and 3. juice fasting.

Other than that, any food, any pill, any drug, any supplement...has rendered me bedridden and in the most extreme state of torture anyone could possibly imagine. The drugged feeling in my head; it is so strong, it is so bad...that I am unable to even remember how to write my own name; my brain will not process it. It is terrifying.

I have felt this every day for 3 years now; since December 8th, 2006, after eating a meal. Food triggers it. Unfortunately, we, as humans, have to eat to stay alive. So, I can either 1. exist in a torturous hell of "life" or 2. I can quit eating and die. I don't want to die. But I don't want to exist this way. I can't take it anymore. (Note to anyone reading this: I DO NOT WANT TO DIE. And I am not saying "I can't take it anymore like I'm going to kill myself. I am not going to kill myself, nor am referring to suicide whatsoever.) I want to GET WELL! I just don't know how. And I am in constant torture; every moment. And I don't know how to go on. Wish I knew. Wish there was an answer. Wish someone could help me. Hoping one day, someone can. But, how can I help myself, when I don't know what to do? Wish I knew what to do...and I would do it right now!

I have now been on a juice fast for 65 days, which has only touched on the symptoms. It took about 5-6 weeks of fasting before the symptoms began to even somewhat subside. It is still VERY STRONG though and nowhere near living a normal life. I have to eat sometime...but do not want to go back to that depth of hell. I don't think I can mentally take it again. No human should have to suffer the way I have suffered and continue to suffer.

searching for hope

Old 11-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
(male)

oldmanwinter HB User

Dear numbcy,

My name is Loyal and I recently read your post about your candida miseries. No one deserves to go through what you have been experiencing for so long and I pray that you find an end to the misery you have grown accustomed to over time.
Personally, I am not an expert on health issues, but as I get older myself it has become necessary to research and explore information about my own health concerns as well as those of my friends and family.

After reading your post I did some research on candida and yeast infections and was amazed to find out that this problem was also a concern for men and children as well as women. I found several websites relating to this topic and the most popular site appears to be the most informative. It also mentioned most of the symptoms you were relating to in your post.

When I research websites that claim to cure certain health issues, the first thing I look for are testimonials from folks that have actually had success with the treatment or program that is advertised.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-28-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Please don't post personal info such as real name, email or phone.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Are you under the care of a doctor?

Have you tried fllconazole (Diflucan)

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 11-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
(female)

numbcy HB User

Loyal: Thank you for your post. I am still suffering from the same symptoms. You may give me any information you think might be helpful.

Johnstar: I am under the care of a naturopath, who says I have leaky gut and brain permeability. I have been taking the supplements for 9 months and seen about 20% improvement. Discouraged at the amount of time it's taking. Wondering if I need to do something else, too. Have never taken Diflucan. Regular MDs have never been able to diagnose me with anything.

Last edited by numbcy; 11-27-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

If you're convinced it is candida, it might be worth asking/cajoling/begging your doctor for a trial of fluconazole - it can kill off 99.9 % of the candida in your body in a few weeks.

After that, probiotics and prebiotics should be able to keep it in check.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
(female)

numbcy HB User

I'm not positive it's candida. Honestly, I don't know the cause of my symptoms. I've been researching for four years now. Not sure what to do. If I knew for sure what it was, then I could treat it. I've had two different naturopathic doctors say that my digestive system is compromised, that I have inflammation, and that my blood brain barrier is compromised. Not really sure where to go from here. A concrete diagnosis would be SO NICE. But, I will ask my PCP about the fluconazole. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2010, 12:35 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Taking a daily probiotic along with a dose of metamucil Fibresure would be the other thing to do - the metamucil acts as food for the probiotics

Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
(female)

marigoldgirl81 HB Usermarigoldgirl81 HB User

so sorry to hear you are still suffering numbcy BUT very glad you are seeing small improvements. I wrote to you or your post prob. a yearish ago. I have severe digestive problems, not quite like yours but lost 40 lbs, any/all food made it worse, esophagitis, etc. for 1 1/2 years everyday. Anywho, i don't know if you remember my story. Obviously when i hit the 90 some lbs mark (i wouldn't weigh myself after i hit under 100 lbs), i was in trouble and decided to stop seeing my 4 western MD's and sought a naturopath. I am in month 8...with sloooooooooooooooow results. I have leaky gut, fibromyalgia, meds made it worse, hypothyroidism, etc. according to ND. He is insanely expensive and not being able to work for nearly a year has made all of this...well, you know. But, hes the only ones whose gotten close to whats going on. I was on pureed foods for 4 months and now gluten free, dairy free for 7 months. Did some wierd machine (jade) that supposedly heals my insides, gets rid of bad bugs, etc., clears lymphnodes, have been and am on MANY herbs. This is very hard. My Nd says well, you are going a bit slower than my average patient BUT you had very severe digestion problems upon coming in. I am obviously sticking with him but i am like you and wondering, well, ok, patience is a virtue and i've been through hell so patience through this awfulness to get better is nothing now...but when does my throat stop being red? etc....but i have seen many improvements and have gained at least 15 lbs...i am now 116 Dr tells me to keep expecting good things for next 18 months, Haaaaaaaaaa! I am blessed for any improvements, don't get me wrong, but i need to get back to work, etc. to have money to pay for this....just venting

if you ever feel up to it, let me know what your dr is saying, what your diet is like now, what herbs you are on. I know we don't have the same things but we both obviously have extremely comprimised digestive stuff. I am not on here all the time so totally understand if you don't feel like writing back right away.

So GLAD to hear you are seeing some kind of upward incline

Old 12-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #11
(female)

roseenglish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbcy View Post
All the symptoms match. It is the most horrifying experience imaginable. I imagine this is what hell is like. I am in hell on earth. I can't take it anymore. (not referring to suicide). It's been 3 years straight. No relief. I am bedridden, out of money, and dying, due to my lack of ability to take care of myself. I have not eaten in 65 days (juice fast). Food makes it even worse. Lack of food at least makes it so that I can at least walk across the house (barely) or make it to the bathroom and back. I am in hell. It has been too long.

Wondering if I could possibly have constant Candida die off; massive release of toxins from dying candida cells (and living candida cells). Could I just be completely and entirely overloaded with toxins/toxic waste in my blood, intestines, brain and all other organs; my entire body? Does candida cause neurological symptoms? My head feels like I am on the scariest most terrifying drug trip imaginable.

And why would it get so much worse whenever I eat food; doesn't matter what kind of food: it can be boiled broccoli ...or it could be chocolate cake; same symptoms, no matter what. My body is reacting to food. The symptoms are always there, even if I'm not eating anything. But, when I eat, it gets so bad that it takes weeks or months of juice fasting to even somewhat improve symptoms. I have been to so many doctors. There must be an answer! I can't live like this!

Sorry if this is late

I have systemic candid, no diagnosis of course as conventional doctors think your insane for suggesting it or just give you anti fungal/anti biotic which I have heard either only works for the time you take it and then it comes back OR the die off is so severe you cant take it

One thing you can do is get a test for vitamin D deficiency

D3 is a VITAL steroid type hormone technically and has a direct impact on your immune system.
I had a blood test and was at 21 "normal" is 30 but then "normal" by conventional doctors is believed to be way too low. The suggested blood serum levels for D3 should be about 80.

If you are D deficient your immune system will be very weak, you will get flu, colds and bugs very easy and when you get them they are worse and last longer than a healthy person.

In actual fact being D deficient can cause candida as your immune system is weak.

So, if like me you tried taking anti fungals you will probably find you can't cope with the die off, your immune system is simply not supported enough to deal with it and you eventually crash and burn as I did last year and ended up in bed for 8 weeks and put on anti depressants and beta blockers for anxiety maybe caused by not understanding why I was so ill and if/when I was going to recover.

You need to take the test, it's a simple blood test and ask the doctor for the D3 test (not D2)
Then if your like me you will find taking Vitamin D or lying in the sun (which is the only way you can make D3 by UVB rays or the supplement) your immune system will be boosted and of course you end up in bed with sever die off.

I get aching legs and back, head ache, weak, depressed, anxiety, aching joints, constipation and I have no strength to get dressed

You become D deficient by not getting enough sun or day light. Its that simple, and if your ill and inside the house chances are you WILL be D deficient and tackling that is the first thing to do before trying to kill candida.

I gave up trying to take Vit D it made me so ill and I have to work so as it stands I am deficient and still riddled with Candida. I get bugs and viral infections all the time and they can take months for me to recover.

I also went on the candida diet and for 3 years ate such a limited diet I strongly believe I developed malnutrition which can only make matters worse.

I eat normal now with the exception of obvious sugars like cake chocolates and things but I refuse to go down the route of organic meats and no milk etc...been there done that and it didnt cure me just made me more poorly short and long term not to mention the cost of all the vitamins I was advised to take..

You should never just take vitamins "just because" as taking something you perhaps dont need can also make you ill and if you are taking multiple vitamins one of them could be making you iller and you wont know which.

Get your D3 tested, Google "vitamin D deficiency" and you may be amazed at what you discover. Its a very common issue in modern times due to cancer scares and anti ageing cosmetics which block the sun rays and prevent your body from making Vit D - add to that a life style of staying in doors all the time and you get the picture.

Hope that gives you something at least to look into.. a ray of hope..

Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

So you think you suffer from systemic candida, but you dont beleive in antimycotic drugs.... interesting.

If its candida, fluconazole kills it.

Last edited by jonnstar; 12-07-2010 at 10:04 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnstar For This Useful Post:
roseenglish (12-08-2010)
Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
(female)

roseenglish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnstar View Post
So you think you suffer from systemic candida, but you dont beleive in antimycotic drugs.... interesting.

If its candida, fluconazole kills it.

Don't be a PITA John, you know full well I didn't indicate a disbelief in antimycotic drugs, there was nothing in my lengthy reply that claimed they didn't work, fact is quite the opposite, they DO kill the bacteria Candida just as any anti biotic would hence the name ANTI BIOTIC meaning "anti bacteria"

My point was the volume of dead Candida bacteria toxins released after taking any Candida killer, prescribed or natural like Threelac or pro biotics, garlic, oregano oil, etc can burden a persons lymphatic system, liver, and other vital organs and cause people with compromised immune systems (vitamin D deficient people like me) severe and dangerous symptoms as the body literally is not able to cope without a fully functional immune system and end up bed ridden for weeks or months AFTER stopping taking anti fungals totally wiped out hopeless and weaker emotionally and physically than they were before feeling like they have "failed" and perhaps not knowing why they are "sensitive" to anti fungals , they aren't, it's just their immune system (which is vital for life never mind dealing with die off) is too weak for what ever reason

My point is if you are struggling with anti fungals get stuck in bed for weeks and get worse rather than better as the weeks go by, there is a good reason it's your body saying ' stop'

Just ensure your as fit as you can be before under taking any form of anti fungal treatment for systemic Candida were your health has been effected badly by it for years, vitamin D deficiency can be one of the reasons why Candida thrived in the first place and is very very common.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
(female)

vstevens HB User

I've never heard of juice fasting...but it doesn't seem right to be drinking juice if you have candida...that would feed them in a massive way.

One thing my doctor taught me, that helped me a lot in the early stages of recovering from my candida (and leaky gut from it), was no juice...and don't eat any fruit that isn't a berry. And also, when eating and snacking, make sure you have both a starch and a protein. So if I eat a vegetable or berries now, I make sure to have some nuts with it. If I eat some scrambled eggs, I make sure I have some carrot sticks, etc.

The purpose is to digest your food as thoroughly as possible...the complimentary starch and protein helps with that with a leaky gut, particles get absorbed into your blood stream before they are digested...this causes all sorts of immune system issues (body is spending too much time attacking undigested food instead of the real germs). Oddly enough, this also resolved my continual munchies and food cravings that I always had!...my doctor says it's because if you don't get the complimentary starch and protein, the body keeps asking for more food, hoping to get it balanced right. This was genius, I can't believe I've suffered so many years with what I thought was food addiction...and to be able to resolve it so simply.

Other ways to help digestion is to eat slowly, chew thoroughly, and don't water down your stomach acid with water during a meal. I also take some digestive enzymes with my meals, but have been cutting back lately with those, I don't need them as much anymore.

I've not yet taken any prescription meds to kill the candida...not sure why my doctor didn't suggest that...but I'm seeming to heal without them. And of course, taking probiotics is important (I had 0 lactobacillus or bifidus found in my stool tests...ug...why don't all doctors teach you about probiotics!!).

The fruit thing was the biggest thing for me though...once I switched to only berries, and no juice, it was instantly normal poo, once a day. Before that, I would get cramps and have to run to the bathroom 30min to an hour after eating...I was eating tons of fruit...I thought it was supposed to be healthy for you, and because I was getting so sick, I just ended up eating more of it, thinking it should be helping.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #15
(female)

numbcy HB User

Thank you very much for your response. I have learned more since my last posting, and I agree with everything you said. I will be starting a new protocol/regimen in about 3 weeks, which includes all of the good, healthy foods, no fruit or starches for 3 months, different herbal supplements, probiotics, and more. I'm hoping and feeling this will be the answer to my problems; I think it will help a lot and I'm excited. Thank you for the post. Hope you're feeling well and moving forward in your journey. All the best.

Closed Thread