It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

Missy7 HB User
Unhappy Candida ruining my sex life :(

Hi all...need advise from those who can relate.

I never had thrush issues up until my new partner and I became sexually active. It was more him than me suffering from symptoms such as itching, burning, small red bumps on his genitals, loss of libido and interest in sex altogether...and the pattern seemed to be apparent that it was coming up after we'd have sex. His symptoms were always flaring up a few days after sex and it was taking a good week or two before his skin would peel off and eventually go back to normal...until the next time.

Short while later, I started getting the typical white cottage cheese discharge, the itching and burning etc. I went to my GP and lab tests proved I had heavy presence of candida albicans aka yeast infection. We're still not sure if I already had a mild case and being with a new partner triggered it off to the level it was, or I simply caught it from him...cos he was quite active sexually prior to our relationship. I know yeast infections are not considered STDs as such but they can nevertheless trigger off the normal flora levels to cause infections. He said he's had yeast infections before but never as severe as these symptoms and certainly no loss of interest in sex. I never had such an issue either cos I go for regular check ups and pretty careful with my health.

Anyway, my Doc prescribed me 6 day pessaries to use internally which I did. It cleared up the cottage cheese discharge and the itching/burning but the discharge was still white and cloudy which made me suspicious that it may not have disappeared altogether. My doc suggested I try the one off Diflucan tablet if the discharge didn't get back to normal. 2 weeks later I resorted to taking the tablet and went back home to my partner...as I was overseas during the course of the treatment. He too had taken Diflucan during this time so that we made sure we were both treated so not to pass it back and forth.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst...not only did my partner's symptoms continue, new ones added to it including a burning sensation which causes him to literally pull out half way during sex and run to the shower; he describes the feeling as dipping his penis into acid. Loss of libido and interest in sex continuing during the course of the physical symptoms which puts a strain on our otherwise normal relationship.

Everytime he gets the infection appear on his genitals after we have sex, within days he'll lose all interest in sex, go through the whole rashes and red bumps and shedding skin etc...he goes back to normal once the physical symptoms start to disappear but the whole cycle starts again as soon as we're back on sex.

I know for a fact that OTC meds are only there to mask the symptoms and never treat the root of the yeast infections...and hence why I'm looking into homeopathic alternatives now but if any of you out there experienced similar problems, I'd love to hear from you and what you did for treatment.

I'm really worried this will affect my relationship cos it's already starting to build fear in me, that everytime we want to be intimate...we both have negativity brewing in the back of our minds as to...what will happen this time.

Thanks so much in advance for your time....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
Re: Candida ruining my sex life :(

Are you sure his symptoms are stemming from a yeast infection? You mentioned he was "quite active sexually" prior to forming a relationship with you, so I wonder if he was ever tested for ALL std's.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
(female)

Missy7 HB User

Hi pinkrobot...yes he's also really good with his regular check ups, other than an occasional flare up of genital warts (which he's pretty careful with), no other STDs. He only got a full round of blood tests done 2 months ago and I too was checked for STDs ...all results were OK for those.

My lab results confirmed I definitely have candida and our problem always comes up few days after we have sex and continues on til it goes through the whole rash/itching/healing cycle...until next round. It's certain we flare it up in each other and whether it was the doctors or the homeopaths I consulted so far, all mentioned these were typical candida symptoms. Obviously everyone is different and hence the severity of the symptoms vary from one person to the next. So the search continues for alternative treatments which treat the root of the problem rather than mask it temporarily like OTC meds do. Here's hoping anyway...

Old 05-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

pinkrobot HB User

I know you're interested in more natural methods of clearing up the infection, but just be aware that if either of you has a REALLY stubborn infection it would take more than 1 round of Diflucan to clear it up completely. So even though you're both treating, you may not be fully ridding yourselves of the infection, thus making it possible to still pass it back and forth to each other.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #5
(female)

Missy7 HB User

hmmm...thanks for the info as I heard there were different brand tablets (than Diflucan) for candida but I wasn't aware you could continue on for longer term. Is it the Diflucan you keep taking (and although I know it would differ for each case) but what sort of a time period are we talking about to clear up stubborn infections? Daily, weekly, monthly tablets? and for how long?

I just ruled out any prescription meds cos my doctor was certain the inital 6 day pessaries and the one off Diflucan would be more than enough to treat the problem; yet clearly none of it helped. It made me feel like I was one of those rare cases and hence turned to alternative treatments.

Thanks heaps for your replies btw; it really does help to be on this board.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
(female)

pinkrobot HB User

Every time I've ever been treated for a yeast infection, my doctor's always given me a prescription for 2 Diflucan tablets--the directions are to take one, and then to take the second one about three days later. I think in the information foldout that comes with the prescription it even states that one might not clear up the problem and you may have to take a second one.

Another option is to do an OTC Monistat-type treatment while you're on the Diflucan at the same time. You might also ask your doctor about a boric acid suppository treatment--you'd have to do it for 1-2 weeks, though.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
(female)

Missy7 HB User

Oh I just read about the boric acid on one of the posts here...different page. Sounds a bit ''evasive'' but if it works heck I'll give it a shot. I'll definitely look into these options. I also have an appointment with my homeopathy doctor soon...I'll post back here as to what she says. Thanks so much for all your help...greatly appreciated

Old 06-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Oh I just read about the boric acid on one of the posts here...different page. Sounds a bit ''evasive'' but if it works heck I'll give it a shot. I'll definitely look into these options. I also have an appointment with my homeopathy doctor soon...I'll post back here as to what she says. Thanks so much for all your help...greatly appreciated

I am also battling Candida and have been for almost a year now...Please keep me posted on what you doc says...I would like to try the boric acid remedy too...please let me know if you try it as well.....

Old 06-04-2010, 04:18 AM   #9
(female)

Moon74 HB User

I suffer from candida from many years, I take Diflucan but it work as a temporary band aid solution. Besides the constant redness, swelling and itching in my intimate parts, I also suffered from digestive problems. Will not tell you when I was pregnant (3 times), I spent almost the entire pregnancy with itching and burning. Now the candida hit me yet. A my friend has used holistic medicine to treat the candida. She told me it is working and her thrush and rashes had vanished immediately . It seems to be a good program to get rid of the infection. I also want to buy it because I think we need to eliminate the cause of yeast infection once and for all. The drugs do not act on the causes. I Let you know.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
(female)

SweetPea143 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon74 View Post
I suffer from candida from many years, I take Diflucan but it work as a temporary band aid solution. Besides the constant redness, swelling and itching in my intimate parts, I also suffered from digestive problems. Will not tell you when I was pregnant (3 times), I spent almost the entire pregnancy with itching and burning. Now the candida hit me yet. A my friend has used holistic medicine to treat the candida. She told me it is working and her thrush and rashes had vanished immediately . It seems to be a good program to get rid of the infection. I also want to buy it because I think we need to eliminate the cause of yeast infection once and for all. The drugs do not act on the causes. I Let you know.
Thanks for writing. Yes, please let me know what the holistic medicine is....Thanks.

Old 06-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
(female)

Moon74 HB User

Hello,
Holistic medicine usually refers to the use of non-invasive and non-pharmaceuticals techniques to help heal the patient and to the cure the root internal cause of yeast infection regardless of its location, or level of severity. My friend used a program to cure candida permanently and without drugs. She told me that the program assumes that yeast infection is an internal problem, is a warning sign that something is wrong in our system and in some cases even a warning sign for much worse diseases and what you can learn from it and do about it. There is never only one cause for this fungal problem.
She bought this ebook that contains information about the worst foods you should never eat, the importance of the alkaline acid balance and food allergens in the battle against yeast infections, advises also a natural hormonal balancing supplement from take on a daily basis and other things. She says she was immediately relieved.
Bear in mind that she got pregnant after four months with holistic medicine (8 years they were trying)!
I today buy it because I cannot bear to have candida. Right now as I write, I have a very strong burning and itching, I seem to be going crazy! I do not take drugs because I have relief for a few days but then returns the whole problem. Today I ask my friend the name of the product she is using and then I write it.

Last edited by Moon74; 06-06-2010 at 04:39 PM.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:54 AM   #12
(female)

Missy7 HB User

Hi all, sorry about the delayed reply...I've been on treatment since my last thread. OK here's the deal...

I've been to my naturopath/homeopath and she was really informative about the whole candida issue. First thing she pounded in my head was...candida is related to internal problems...mainly stemming from digestion issues and intestines. I've also been suffering bad breath for a while and I know it's not dental related cos I've just been for a major check up - which she also confirmed would be related to the candida again.

Anyway, she said for candida to be cured permanently, we have to treat the digestive system...which is why OTC meds like Diflucan or pessary type tablets like Canesten only mask the problem and not actually cure it...and hence it always returns.

Now I'm not sure if all naturopaths use the same brand of homepathic meds but this is what I've been put on...which I know you can get couple of them in the health stores. I'm taking:

Ultraflora / probiotic tablets: one tablet twice a day
Garlic tablet - one a day
Homeopathic drops (Formula YIN) - 10 drops under the tongue 3 times a day before meals
Homeopathic drops Formula 5 - 20 drops plus Formula FI - 30 drops mixed into 1lt of water - sipped throughout the day til it finishes
No sugar or yeast containing foods (been OK with sugar but struggling a bit giving up bread)

Today's been exactly 7 days since I started this regimen. The drops I take under the tongue just finished today. The garlic and the ultraflora tablets are about a month's worth and I'm guessing the other 2 homeopathic drops taken with the water will finish end of this week.

All and all, I'm told the treatment will start to show its effects from the second week on and the additional boost of the tablets for at least couple of more weeks is supposed to maintain it. My partner is also being treated with the same set of meds.

The white coating on my tongue due to the candida has decreased but then again I am scraping away and brushing like there's no tomorrow. I've had great results with this naturopath of mine regarding other health issues before so I'm actually hopeful this will finally treat the root of this darn candida issue.

I don't have uncomfortable symptoms like the itching or burning etc...only some white discharge but as mentioned in my very first post, it's more my partner and my relationship that suffers the most. I feel like a sack filled with bacteria and I can't wait to get some normality back in my life...and most importantly my health cos it's amazing the damage candida can cause in all other parts of our immune system.

Keep me posted on how you're all going with your treatments...I'll be sure to report back...hopefully with good news soon

Old 06-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #13
(female)

Moon74 HB User

I today bought the ebook about the cure of candida with holistic medicine. I followed the advice of my friend who has solved her problem by applying the system contained in that ebook. <edit> I keep you posted if it works with me. hello

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-11-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Removed posting rules violation. Ms_Mod

Old 01-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Hi all...need advise from those who can relate.

I never had thrush issues up until my new partner and I became sexually active. It was more him than me suffering from symptoms such as itching, burning, small red bumps on his genitals, loss of libido and interest in sex altogether...and the pattern seemed to be apparent that it was coming up after we'd have sex. His symptoms were always flaring up a few days after sex and it was taking a good week or two before his skin would peel off and eventually go back to normal...until the next time.

Short while later, I started getting the typical white cottage cheese discharge, the itching and burning etc. I went to my GP and lab tests proved I had heavy presence of candida albicans aka yeast infection. We're still not sure if I already had a mild case and being with a new partner triggered it off to the level it was, or I simply caught it from him...cos he was quite active sexually prior to our relationship. I know yeast infections are not considered STDs as such but they can nevertheless trigger off the normal flora levels to cause infections. He said he's had yeast infections before but never as severe as these symptoms and certainly no loss of interest in sex. I never had such an issue either cos I go for regular check ups and pretty careful with my health.

Anyway, my Doc prescribed me 6 day pessaries to use internally which I did. It cleared up the cottage cheese discharge and the itching/burning but the discharge was still white and cloudy which made me suspicious that it may not have disappeared altogether. My doc suggested I try the one off Diflucan tablet if the discharge didn't get back to normal. 2 weeks later I resorted to taking the tablet and went back home to my partner...as I was overseas during the course of the treatment. He too had taken Diflucan during this time so that we made sure we were both treated so not to pass it back and forth.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worst...not only did my partner's symptoms continue, new ones added to it including a burning sensation which causes him to literally pull out half way during sex and run to the shower; he describes the feeling as dipping his penis into acid. Loss of libido and interest in sex continuing during the course of the physical symptoms which puts a strain on our otherwise normal relationship.

Everytime he gets the infection appear on his genitals after we have sex, within days he'll lose all interest in sex, go through the whole rashes and red bumps and shedding skin etc...he goes back to normal once the physical symptoms start to disappear but the whole cycle starts again as soon as we're back on sex.

I know for a fact that OTC meds are only there to mask the symptoms and never treat the root of the yeast infections...and hence why I'm looking into homeopathic alternatives now but if any of you out there experienced similar problems, I'd love to hear from you and what you did for treatment.

I'm really worried this will affect my relationship cos it's already starting to build fear in me, that everytime we want to be intimate...we both have negativity brewing in the back of our minds as to...what will happen this time.

Thanks so much in advance for your time....
get b lood test 4 herpes,thats what it sounds like 2 me.

Closed Thread